Does Adam Eaton worry about baseball?...

soxfan85

Or, does he sit on twitter all day and talk trash? What an immature, overpaid idiot. Honestly, he needs to shut up and take care of business. Play ball, that is what he is paid to do. Send Eaton packing with LaRoche.

Edited by soxfan85

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:12 PM)
Or, does he sit on twitter all day and talk trash? What an immature, overpaid idiot. Honestly, he needs to shut up and take care of business. Play ball, that is what he is paid to do. Send Eaton packing with LaRoche.

soxfan85 - what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

QUOTE (3GamesToLove @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 07:32 PM)
Eaton's act is wearing on me, but he's definitely not overpaid--unless you're comparing him to the US population at large rather than ballplayers, which is silly. He's a bargain.

been there last yr, right after the stirring the drink or what ever bull crap that was.

if may or engel is ready, i would love the sox to trade him for prospects. mega prospects.

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 06:12 PM)

not making a personal insult here, but some might ask the same question of us Soxtalk posters. Except we aren't overpaid

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 02:08 PM)
So it's not OK to criticize somebody for their unprofessional overuse of Twitter if they do nice things every so often? I didn't get the memo.

What unprofessional overuse of Twitter? Do you think these guys are supposed to be f***ing robots programmed for your entertainment and have their lives stop when they're not on the ball diamond? Who the f*** are you to judge what is and what is not professional appropriate use for Twitter?

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 02:08 PM)
So it's not OK to criticize somebody for their unprofessional overuse of Twitter if they do nice things every so often? I didn't get the memo.

I didn't read any of his tweets about this so I don't know. Was anything really that bad?

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:14 PM)
What unprofessional overuse of Twitter? Do you think these guys are supposed to be f***ing robots programmed for your entertainment and have their lives stop when they're not on the ball diamond? Who the f*** are you to judge what is and what is not professional appropriate use for Twitter?

Uh, because when you're a pro athlete and a public figure and you discuss controversial stuff on Twitter, it reflects poorly on your employer. I shouldn't have to explain that to a grown adult.

Edited by Black_Jack29

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:16 PM)
I didn't read any of his tweets about this so I don't know. Was anything really that bad?

Nothing that I know about this particular subject.

He took a lot of heat for the Oscars tweet. And while that was mostly dumb people venting for no good reason, Ventura had to come out and publicly "suggest" that he knock it off.

Edited by Black_Jack29

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 02:16 PM)

Just retweeting a bunch of #FamilyFirst stuff. Nothing specifically bad but could be read as a sort of open revolt.

Tangent: The Oscars thing was stupid and he should have known better. Eaton has the right to do whatever he wants in his down time and use twitter, but he's starting to make a habit of letting things get away from him a little bit on there.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 02:16 PM)
Uh, because when you're a pro athlete and a public figure and you say controversial stuff on Twitter, it reflects poorly on your employer. I shouldn't have to explain that to a grown adult.

I follow Eaton on Twitter and I do not recall one time ever reading a tweet of his and thinking to myself that he probably should not have said that. The only one that I can think of that was close was his Oscar's tweet that was poorly worded but nowhere near the controversy people pretended it to be.

Eaton doesn't go down to Burger King and try to tell you how to do your job, don't try to tell him how to do his.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:51 PM)
soxfan85 - what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Great movie. Knibb High Football Rules!!!! haha

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 01:12 PM)

I have a feeling if you met Eaton in person you'd be very cordial though.

I actually am blocked by Eaton on Twitter. Don't remember why. Probably nothing - I don't get too controversial or attack anybody with @ symbols ever. Either way, its his own choice. He's a grown up. He doesn't have to like his employer every day. He doesn't have to adhere to what fans want to hear.

I for one see both sides of this argument. Sox made a new rule and it was poorly timed. I think it was on purpose. If Rochie hit .270 last year this never happens. So say what you will.

Either way, for the Twitter argument? boo hoo. Don't read it then. Imagine if you had a personal relationship with LaRoche and they did this to your friend? And basically as an organization made the kid feel like s***. (Rochie also contributed to this by quitting making his kid probably feel even more s***ty). But either way, let Eaton be emotional for a few days. Things settle. move on.