Tommy Hanson Article

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 05:27 AM)
Nice article on Tommy. We didn't get a chance to get any exposure to him, but that article did a good job. Sounds like he was a great person. So sad.

what a heart wrenching story.

RIP Tommy.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 12:12 PM)
Call me cold-hearted, but I don't find stories about people who kill themselves with drugs to be heart-wrenching.

the writer wrote a very touching story.

he leaves a widow. i am wondering if there was despair there. many things affected me and can affect me.

i understand your point and maybe i had even a colder heart than yours, but getting freaking older, you start looking at things differently.

Good read.

I'm with the family....I really don't believe this was a suicide. I believe he was just a guy who overdid things one night and paid the ultimate price. No doubt his depression and such may have had him turning to drugs and booze for relief, but I seriously doubt he'd OD intentionally, especially not on coke.

Maybe you've been fortunate enough to not have family members or friends fall victim to them. I don't take exception to your post, but if the story isn't for you, why comment?

My sister lived very hard for a very long time and died at 35 because of it. I did what I could to try to help her get out of it, but when she refused, I refused to allow my kids to become close to their aunt because I knew she wouldn't be around much longer.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 07:06 PM)
My sister lived very hard for a very long time and died at 35 because of it. I did what I could to try to help her get out of it, but when she refused, I refused to allow my kids to become close to their aunt because I knew she wouldn't be around much longer.

i really understand your point. believe me,

as i have said, my past is my doing and was very rough. i couldn't care 2 cents on anyone. but this change for me, esp as i got older and i started to feel a little humanity.....

i respect your pov, but i will not share it. if i choose to feel for my human beings as neighbors. i know what i am opening up, esp in my heart.

but don't let this sappy part of me fool anyone, i will still stand tall and hold my head high. it maybe a little arthritic.

peace.