3/29 vs Rangers

flavum

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 08:13 PM)
Eaton's body language is awful. Can't afford a slow start from him. Who cares it's the last week of spring but what a lolly gagging walk to the dugout.

Hasn't he been pretty awful since the incident?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 04:20 PM)
I think we are watching different feeds because that looked like a moonshot off the bat to me, and Frazier reacted accordingly.

no sound from the bat and I'm half watching on a second screen at work. at first glance looked like he got it a bit off the end of the bat but yea obviously it was crushed.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 03:20 PM)
I think the league has juiced the balls this year. Not only are guys hitting a lot more homers, they are clearing walls by a huge margin.

Good spring training stats are annoying to find, but best I can tell, home runs are happening every 31.9 AB's league-wide this spring, compared to every 40.5 AB's last spring. That's an enormous increase. Not saying juiced balls are definitely the reason, but was curious to see the numbers for myself.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 04:39 PM)
Good spring training stats are annoying to find, but best I can tell, home runs are happening every 31.9 AB's league-wide this spring, compared to every 40.5 AB's last spring. That's an enormous increase. Not saying juiced balls are definitely the reason, but was curious to see the numbers for myself.

Been a very hot spring down there from what I can tell. Lots of 80s and 90s even early in March. The usual highs are in the low 70s I believe.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 03:43 PM)
Been a very hot spring down there from what I can tell. Lots of 80s and 90s even early in March. The usual highs are in the low 70s I believe.

Yeah, I was wondering if weather could have something to do with it. Here are the MLB AB's/homer last season by month.

Apr 37.5

May 34.3

Jun 35.7

Jul 34.6

Aug 31.3

Sep 31.0

Draw your own conclusions.

If Nate Jones keeps up his dominance & Petricka, Putnam & Albers can continue to do what they usually do, they're are going to win a lot of games because of it. Not nearly as dominant is the Royals pen but even something like it is going to make them win games.