White Sox Sign Miguel Gonzalez

GoGoSox2k2

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 12:52 AM)
I agree. What I was trying to convey was the idea that Fulmer could potentially go from AA-AAA. And to ruin that point, I would guess Fulmer goes from AA-MLB and skips Charlotte altogether.

I think this allows them to drag it out until September, and he gets a few months in Charlotte. I don't think they want to rush him, which is why they have kept adding more and more reclamation projects.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 10:52 AM)
I think you'll be surprised then. Sox don't like to waste miles on the arm.

Eh, I know Rodon and Sale have done it earlier, but getting called up the September a year after he was drafted isn't wasting much of anything on that arm. In fact, there is a pretty good chance he is still the first 2015 draftee to make the majors at that point.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 05:02 AM)
I was gona ask if that was even possible. Skipping AAA and going straight to the majors

If there was a need and the situation was right. Jose Quintana pitched 9 games at AA. Never pitched at AAA.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 12:02 PM)
I was gona ask if that was even possible. Skipping AAA and going straight to the majors

there was a time that the sox expected the pitchers they picked in the draft to have been fast track, that is why they chose college advance arms and still do.

in the later rounds they went after prep if it was warranted.

now for my disclaimer ... i think i am right on that.

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 01:49 PM)
If there was a need and the situation was right. Jose Quintana pitched 9 games at AA. Never pitched at AAA.

Quintana was more of an accident though. They needed an emergency starter, and it was his day. When he got here he pitched so well, they never sent him back. If the injury hadn't happened, he would have never gotten here so early.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 04:09 PM)
Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 2m2 minutes ago Chicago, IL

Per Rick Hahn pregame today, Miguel Gonzalez will be working fifth in the @KnightsBaseball rotation

Or 5th in the Sox rotation............................

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 03:53 PM)
With Latos looking great so far (know he won't be this good all year) and the Sox being pleased with Gonzalez so far, is there any legitimate chance Danks can be cut at some point?

If he stinks up the joint, I don't see why not, especially if we're contending.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 04:06 PM)
It would have to get really bad for that to happen. I just don't see it, and some of that goes into the loyalty argument with JR. Him being pulled from the rotation is much more likely, hopefully sooner than later.

No room for him in the pen either if he can't pitch any better than this. Strong pen has been a key to this start,and they can't waste a spot pampering Danks.

Hopefully he has a good start Saturday.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 04:06 PM)
It would have to get really bad for that to happen. I just don't see it, and some of that goes into the loyalty argument with JR. Him being pulled from the rotation is much more likely, hopefully sooner than later.

Unless someone in the pen falls apart soon, Danks isn't going there. No room for him.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 04:41 PM)
On the flip side, if the staff continues to pitch like this, Danks struggles are going to become much more evident. In previous years, there were too many holes to patch up, Danks was mostly serviceable. With the sates raised early, more eyes are going to be on Danks. Honestly, I think he's on a 3 start window. In the next three stakes, if he continues on this pace, he'll be out. If he rebounds the rope will be extended, but I really think he's on a short leash. Too much at stake after this start.

He can refuse a demotion right? They'll have to work him in the bullpen then and who goes down?

I think he's going to be in the rotation until at least June, no matter how s***ty he is. Sox love to hang on to sunk costs.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 10:41 PM)
On the flip side, if the staff continues to pitch like this, Danks struggles are going to become much more evident. In previous years, there were too many holes to patch up, Danks was mostly serviceable. With the stakes raised early, more eyes are going to be on Danks. Honestly, I think he's on a 3 start window. In the next three starts, if he continues on this pace, he'll be out. If he rebounds the rope will be extended, but I really think he's on a short leash. Too much at stake after this start.

i will say this as a disclosure, i am have always been a danks supporter.

i will counter this discussion with this, last yr stats is but an example of what to expect from danks. esp with a better overall team.

the team will have to create a baseline of what will be acceptable. is he, at this state any less than more other #5 starters???

the other question would be, where or whom will the sox depend on, if what you say becomes realty???

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 05:17 PM)
i will say this as a disclosure, i am have always been a danks supporter.

i will counter this discussion with this, last yr stats is but an example of what to expect from danks. esp with a better overall team.

the team will have to create a baseline of what will be acceptable. is he, at this state any less than more other #5 starters???

the other question would be, where or whom will the sox depend on, if what you say becomes realty???

In 2003 we didn't win any games from our 5th starter.

QUOTE (sammy esposito @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 11:29 PM)
In 2003 we didn't win any games from our 5th starter.

and now is 2016, and only a couple of weeks in.

again, we as fans really do not know what that baseline, if there is any, that the FO will hold danks to.

but it is a fun time right now with the sox winning, lets not forget that.

and this is for me as well.

Sonny Gray for just Tim Anderson....don't think so.

Now since we're on the subject of the A's, Josh Reddick is a much more realistic and relevant name to our discussion.

Presumably, Dan Jennings would be the one to go in possible Danks demotion to pen/long man/second lefty. And, with the way Duke has been pretty shaky against LHB, there's zero chance they just cut him.