Sands gets the 25th spot

Quin

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this official or just going by the website? The website has been incorrect for a couple of days. Although that Sands fan may have inside info. I just think it you are going by the 25 man roster on the website, it's wrong. They still have that minor league LHP on there.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 02:46 PM)
Is this official or just going by the website? The website has been incorrect for a couple of days. Although that Sands fan may have inside info. I just think it you are going by the 25 man roster on the website, it's wrong. They still have that minor league LHP on there.

That was my thought, too. I guess we'll have to wait and see for the official word.

It just seems strange to not take the LH bat in Ishikawa...not that he's the answer.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 02:59 PM)
Very surprised they didn't choose the lefty.

My guess is one will be on the roster within a couple weeks. I mean, when is Sands going to play? They're not going to bench Avi against LHP or Melky to get him starts..

I don't see the objection. They have 2 bench bats (plus Saladino): one hits left, once hits right.

Saying there are 6 OF v 4 on others is deceptive, as those 6 OF also cover DH and backup 1B.

I guess in total there is a righty tilt, but the lefty choices weren't there; and they can always make a change.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 03:11 PM)
A quick Google search brings a SoxNet article reporting this is true, but nothing else.

Like I put in the article, he's the only one on the active roster amongst the remaining guys.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 04:10 PM)
He's listed on the 25 man.

Correct. Out of everyone on the 40-man, which there are 38, I believe...13 of those guys have been optioned down. So there are 25 guys left, plus the non roster guys alive for the last spot- Ishikawa, Aumont, Sanchez, and May.

It's Sands or Ishikawa, but nothing looks settled here at all, unless that one guy I mentioned tweeted something based on knowing the family, and not just seeing the one article.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 04:10 PM)
He's listed on the 25 man.

As is Alex Katz. And that 25-man roster has 27 players. Also, it's looked like that for days. It's not a finalized roster, yet.

Sands has probably as much of a shot as Ishikawa, but certainly nothing is official yet.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 04:21 PM)
As is Alex Katz. And that 25-man roster has 27 players. Also, it's looked like that for days. It's not a finalized roster, yet.

Sands has probably as much of a shot as Ishikawa, but certainly nothing is official yet.

Katz profile has been bugged for a couple weeks now. I count 25 other guys.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 1, 2016 -> 04:21 PM)

26 players. Katz is the only outlier.

I'll gladly eat crow if Sands isn't the 25th man, though the article has been altered to reflect the unofficial nature.

That Katz thing is just a mistake.

There are 37 players on the 40-man. 12 of them have been optioned down--Beck, Brennan, Carroll, Johnson, Kahnle, Webb, Ynoa, Smith, Davidson, L Garcia, C Sanchez, Fields.

So 25 of the 40-man are technically "Active", plus the four NRIs- Aumont, H Sanchez, Ishikawa, and May.