Crain's: White Sox sign with Coke after 15-year run with Pepsi

shysocks

I was able to read the full text earlier but now it's pulling some subscribery junk on me. So in case you can't see the whole article, the Sox will serve Coke products at the ballpark beginning immediately, and Coke will do a bunch of advertising there.

This is fantastic news. Pepsi is bad and Coke is good, and these are indisputable facts.

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/201...-run-with-pepsi

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 09:42 AM)
They both suck. America's obesity and diabetes problems start with these damned carbonated sugar drinks.

Just say no.

Lol, you might as well just say no to everything at the ballpark

I enjoy a Coca Cola about once a week. I'm a believer in shared experiences and, like it or not, Coca Cola is one of our shared experiences here in America.

Problem is I only enjoy it out of aluminum cans or glass bottles, plastic bottles make it absolutely disgusting particularly in hot weather. I imagine it'll only be sold at the Cell in plastic bottles.

They both suck. America's obesity and diabetes problems start with these damned carbonated sugar drinks.

Just say no.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 09:46 AM)
I agree. Just drink beer at the ballpark. And make sure to buy a few before the 7th inning.

Cheers to that. I gave up soda a long time ago. I stick with coffee for caffeine and Patron for a buzz. :cheers

Just say no.

I do agree with obesity and diabetes problem . I read where the average American has almost doubled it's calorie intake from drinks the past 20 years. The small coke at McDonalds (I know, another poison factory) is the same size as the large coke in the 70s. Free refills etc. But in moderation, it does hit the spot. I do agree about the plastic bottles, but every once in a while a bottle or can of Coke is delightful.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 09:56 AM)
I do agree with obesity and diabetes problem . I read where the average American has almost doubled it's calorie intake from drinks the past 20 years. The small coke at McDonalds (I know, another poison factory) is the same size as the large coke in the 70s. Free refills etc. But in moderation, it does hit the spot. I do agree about the plastic bottles, but every once in a while a bottle or can of Coke is delightful.

In moderation, nothing will truly kill you but people buy a slew of these s*** drinks and drink multiple cans a day. It's really bad.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 10:33 AM)
Do you drink like 4-5 of them a day?

I drink at least 24 oz of Diet Coke a day, often a lot more, and I'm fine, but I understand diet pop can have bad effects on people's weight too.

Ultimately I think people are responsible for what they eat but I don't wanna get too filibustery.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 10:46 AM)
I drink at least 24 oz of Diet Coke a day, often a lot more, and I'm fine, but I understand diet pop can have bad effects on people's weight too.

Ultimately I think people are responsible for what they eat but I don't wanna get too filibustery.

I'm not trying to crusade to stop people from drinking what they like.

I just personally don't get it America's obsession with sugar infused carbonated drinks.

That is all.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 11:00 AM)
I'm not trying to crusade to stop people from drinking what they like.

I just personally don't get it America's obsession with sugar infused carbonated drinks.

That is all.

Probably because they are delicious and enhance every fatty food meal experience.

Reassuring to know that there is a movement against plastic bottle sodas. I too find them disgusting.

I drink more DC than I should, but man every once in awhile I'll get a coke and remember how good it is. Ice cold.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 11:21 AM)
Apparently I'm the only person here who likes Pepsi/Mtn Dew better.

Nope, before I gave up soda I would take a Pepsi over Coke any day but Mountain Dew was my soda of choice. Live Wire baby! :D

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 11:55 AM)
I only drink Coke when I go to Portillos but god damn is it good. I was a fiend growing up. My parents wouldn't buy anything but Diet Coke growing up because my mom didn't want us drinking the sugar. I'd go to a restaurant with free refills and look to make up for it. I once drank a 2 liter of Mountain Dew on the bus ride home from 7th grade. I don't drink Mountain Dew anymore.

I'm surprised your organs are still in tact. Have you seen some of those Mt. Dew videos where they dissolve small animal carcasses? Yeah, people are putting that stuff in your bodies.

Yeesh.