Trever Bauer crashed drone into new scoreboard

InTheDriversSeat

White Sox Ace Chris Sale took his remote control toy car out for a spin on the snow-covered outfield at U.S. Cellular Field on Saturday morning, shortly before Indians pitcher Trevor Bauer flew his drone around the park.

Sale's toy easily navigated the snow bumps on the field, while Bauer accidentally crashed his drone into the new jumbo-sized video board.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0409-story.html

http://www.letsgotribe.com/2016/4/9/113979...-new-scoreboard

I don't know if this subject was already mentioned at Soxtalk yet, but I find this appalling that the White Sox would allow players to operate their toy drones inside USCF in the first place. The Sox' new $8 Million scoreboard was only 1 day old, and it has already been damaged. Apparently the drone that chashed before the game on Saturday was operated by Trevor Bauer of the Indians. From the photo at the letsgotribe website, I think I see the damage at the lower left part of the scoreboard where the drone made contact.

Are the Sox going to make Bauer pay for the repairs?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 12, 2016 -> 02:44 PM)
Left lower corner. There is a big white spot. I actually was there Saturday and it was quite noticeable when you walked by.

Oh interesting, I saw on the news they said there wasnt any damage. they should send us a good player for that.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 12, 2016 -> 03:03 PM)
Oh interesting, I saw on the news they said there wasnt any damage. they should send us a good player for that.

It looks like a crack from underneath it. I had no idea a drone crashed into it when I saw it. I thought maybe it was just part of what was on the board when I walked by. But definitely damage, although when I was sitting behind the dugout, you can't see anything wrong with the board.

Honestly, if a little plastic drone can cause that kind of damage, maybe the people that installed it should pay for it for selling us a scoreboard with the durability of Chris Conte.

Seems like something that should be a bit tougher.