Trever Bauer crashed drone into new scoreboard

InTheDriversSeat

QUOTE (InTheDriversSeat @ Apr 12, 2016 -> 01:18 PM)
Apparently the drone that crashed before the game on Saturday was operated by Trevor Bauer of the Indians. From the photo at the letsgotribe website, I think I see the damage at the lower left part of the scoreboard where the drone made contact.

Are the Sox going to make Bauer pay for the repairs?

Damn tarrist. Team should use this to rally.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 12, 2016 -> 03:03 PM)
He claimed he shut if off well before it would hit the scoreboard. Then how did it clear the fan deck?

If it is one of the really advanced ones, it will automatically return to its take off spot if the remote is turned off.

These arent necessarily small items. A parent of one of the cross country runners has one that follows a GPS transponder. His daughter runs with it and you can watch the whole race from above.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 12, 2016 -> 08:44 PM)
If it is one of the really advanced ones, it will automatically return to its take off spot if the remote is turned off.

These arent necessarily small items. A parent of one of the cross country runners has one that follows a GPS transponder. His daughter runs with it and you can watch the whole race from above.

I wonder if that parent bought the Lily cam. That thing is sweet. Was supposed to retail for $500 I think. That was a year or two ago that I saw the YT video. Wonder if it ever "took off".

EDIT: Holy s***, $34M in PREORDER sales. Sells for $800 right now, $1000 when it's launched. Still some amazing tech though.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2497681,00.asp

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 12, 2016 -> 11:09 PM)
I wonder if that parent bought the Lily cam. That thing is sweet. Was supposed to retail for $500 I think. That was a year or two ago that I saw the YT video. Wonder if it ever "took off".

EDIT: Holy s***, $34M in PREORDER sales. Sells for $800 right now, $1000 when it's launched. Still some amazing tech though.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2497681,00.asp

This guy said his cost 3500 (which is why I don't have one). It was really advanced.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 12, 2016 -> 03:17 PM)
Ha, we've found our 5th starter.

Not sure I'd want Bauer as our 5th starter. FWIW, I think we're one of the teams he's actually good against. Everyone else has the patience not to swing at his junk pitches.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 12:49 PM)
Adam Laroche will save him from us.

*Cut to scene.

The White Sox have proudly turned on their new and beautiful scoreboard. Everyone marvels at it. Except one person.

Trevor Bauer powers up his drone.

"I'll show the White Sox to know better than to use a picture of my bad side on their scoreboard!"

Bauer's drone takes off, and flies quickly towards the scoreboard. At the last minute, Adam LaRoche appears out of no where flying in his cape, White Sox uniform, and with a baseball bat.

"Where ever evils are to be committed, I shall be there to stop them. FAMILY FIRST!"

LaRoche files inbetween the drone and the scoreboard. He winds up and takes a gigantic swing, missing everything. The drone smashes into the scoreboard, creating a large spiderweb of cracks in it.

"NOW ON TO BANGKOK!"

LaRoche files away.

Adam Eaton emerges from the dugout, carrying his newborn child/

"Isn't he dreamy?"

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 12:55 PM)
*Cut to scene.

The White Sox have proudly turned on their new and beautiful scoreboard. Everyone marvels at it. Except one person.

Trevor Bauer powers up his drone.

"I'll show the White Sox to know better than to use a picture of my bad side on their scoreboard!"

Bauer's drone takes off, and flies quickly towards the scoreboard. At the last minute, Adam LaRoche appears out of no where flying it his cape, White Sox uniform, and a baseball bat.

"Where ever evils are to be committed, I shall be there to stop them. FAMILY FIRST!"

LaRoche files inbetween the drone and the scoreboard. He winds up and takes a gigantic swing, missing everything. The drone smashed into the scoreboard, creating a large spiderweb of cracks in it.

"NOW ON TO BANGKOK!"

LaRoche files away.

Adam Eaton emerges from the dugout, carrying his newborn child/

"Isn't he dreamy?"

Post of the year.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 12, 2016 -> 03:33 PM)
Honestly, if a little plastic drone can cause that kind of damage, maybe the people that installed it should pay for it for selling us a scoreboard with the durability of Chris Conte.

Seems like something that should be a bit tougher.

I love the Chris Conte sideswipe!