4/13 Game thread: Minnesota, 7:10pm, WPWR/WLS

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 07:01 AM)
Wish it was an afternoon game because the Penguins playoff game is tonight. Time for some multitasking.

Same with the Hawks game. I'm sure alot of people in the Chicago land area are going to be flipping back and forth. (Sox/Cubs fans, the real diehard Bulls fans.. :lol:, Kobe fans, people who do/don't wanna see Golden State break the Bulls 72-10 record, etc. Busy sports day tonight)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 07:18 AM)
Same with the Hawks game. I'm sure alot of people in the Chicago land area are going to be flipping back and forth. (Sox/Cubs fans, the real diehard Bulls fans.. :lol:, Kobe fans, people who do/don't wanna see Golden State break the Bulls 72-10 record, etc. Busy sports day tonight)

Going to a bar is ideal for days like today haha I'm sure I'll be at the bar a lot over the next couple weeks/months with friends watching the Hawks and our preference of baseball team sox and cubs. Works perfect with lots of tvs.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 06:42 AM)
Ehhh in your opinion maybe. But to anyone who enjoys both:

Playoff game > regular season game when there's abut 150 or so left. Seriously. It's a long season.

This.

I looked up the Pens game and I don't think it's on nationally so I may be screwed. I thought every playoff game was televised nationally.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 07:50 AM)
By the time the Hawks game starts tonight, the Sox game will be in like the 7th inning since the Hawks are on the West Coast. Oh wait, they are not? Thanks NBC.

:angry:

April is my favorite time for baseball when I want to watch every game, and yeah f*** hockey.

Granted, I'll be the same person watching some US Open night session matches over baseball come August/September, not to mention some Copa America matches and some later rounds of the NBA playoffs in June. But still, f*** hockey.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 08:06 AM)
This.

I looked up the Pens game and I don't think it's on nationally so I may be screwed. I thought every playoff game was televised nationally.

NHL.com says the Pens game is on the USA network

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-playoffs-round...4?tid=280202816

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 07:44 AM)
Going to a bar is ideal for days like today haha I'm sure I'll be at the bar a lot over the next couple weeks/months with friends watching the Hawks and our preference of baseball team sox and cubs. Works perfect with lots of tvs.

Yep. I'll probably drive to a bar in Bridgeport tonight in either case.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 07:50 AM)
By the time the Hawks game starts tonight, the Sox game will be in like the 7th inning since the Hawks are on the West Coast. Oh wait, they are not? Thanks NBC.

Always a nice thing to repeat how stupid the NHL can be.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 09:40 AM)
Could be worse guys. i have a friend in town and everyone organized to go to a baseball game since he loves baseball.

Sox aren't home tonight.

Ouch. Well on the bright side you can get drunk and enjoy time with your friends I suppose.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 10:14 AM)
Yep. Should be fun regardless, but I already try to avoid April/May night games as much as possible for the sox, hurts to use one on the cubs.

I try as well. Easier now that I have a regular 8-4:30 job. Makes me not really want to go out and get home too late for games (live in South suburbs so it's not too bad of a trip but still).

yea I'm just gonna watch the Sox all night

I can't get the Sox game and the Hawks game doesn't start until 9:30 my time so I'm probably watching neither.

I really hate the Eastern Time Zone. It sucks for sports if you have a job that requires you to get up before 7am.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 11:13 AM)
Getting to 6-2 would be SO nice.

Let's hope Rodon is up for the challenge. He looked solid last time, he just couldn't get any run support. I'm hoping the Sox can tee off of Hughes.

Our 1-4 has been terrific. We'll see what we get out of Rodon today, Latos tomorrow and then whenever Danks 2nd outing is.