AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 11:17 PM)
It is good pitching, not good hitting, that wins you these types of games.

We are actually getting very good pitching. The big 3 and the pen have been dominating early on.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 10:03 PM)
Rodon did a great job of battling through a horrendous umpire. Solid win. 6-2 is absolutely fantastic no matter which teams you're playing.

Exactly. Remember the game thread Monday morning, everyone was prepping for a one-run loss. Not because Minnesota was better, just because that had become the norm. Beating inferior teams is so important to rack up the wins and has been missing recently. Keep that up and the summer might be optimistic.

Good game. Rodon probably would've had another inning in him if not for the all the extra pitches he had due to the HP ump passing out free walks. He threw a couple of nice change-ups, had the slider going, and pretty damn good control. Not the greatest situational hitting tonight but we put 3 up and won the game...that's all that matters.

It's fun watching this team and some winning baseball....I'd almost forgot what it's like to watch a decent Sox squad.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 11:05 PM)
Carlos Rodon is really f***ing good.

What was really impressive was how unphased he was by the terrible strike zone yesterday. Despite having multiple runners put on because of it, he just pitched over it like he didn't care. Not only is he impressive, but he has ice water in his veins.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 07:59 AM)
Exactly. Remember the game thread Monday morning, everyone was prepping for a one-run loss. Not because Minnesota was better, just because that had become the norm. Beating inferior teams is so important to rack up the wins and has been missing recently. Keep that up and the summer might be optimistic.

Yeah, with the unbalanced schedule, you can do a long way towards the playoffs by just beating the bad teams. In theory if they were to reverse that 6-13 mark against Minnesota to 13-6 puts would move them from the 76 they won last year to 83 wins. That is just 3 wins away from the wild card.

What was really impressive was how unphased he was by the terrible strike zone yesterday. Despite having multiple runners put on because of it, he just pitched over it like he didn't care. Not only is he impressive, but he has ice water in his veins.

A definite improvement over when he first came up and one walk easily turned into three.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 09:44 AM)
Rodon on the mound hasn't had the "lose your cool" moments due to a bad walk, etc, that we see from Sale. That's nice to see as I thought he had a reputation for getting over worked up on the mound.

Agreed. There seems to be this calm and stoic nature about Rodon on the mound which I just don't really see in Sale.

Rodon on the mound hasn't had the "lose your cool" moments due to a bad walk, etc, that we see from Sale. That's nice to see as I thought he had a reputation for getting over worked up on the mound.

He sure didn't show it yesterday

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Apr 13, 2016 -> 10:05 PM)
Starting pitching and pen continues to be superb!!

Bats with a timely homer. Sucks to see us struggle getting guys in but that'll come as they continue to heat up.

Awesome win and Pens win. My jobs done. I'm out lol

We probably could have scored 5-6 last night given all the base runners we had. I'm still not sure why McEwing held Melky on Lawrie's double. I thought he would have been safe by quite a bit.

That's really the only complaint I have about Sale. When things don't go his way, he gets WAY too amped up/angry and he loses all his effectiveness.

Hopefully he'll get better in that aspect of his game as he matures.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 10:49 AM)
We probably could have scored 5-6 last night given all the base runners we had. I'm still not sure why McEwing held Melky on Lawrie's double. I thought he would have been safe by quite a bit.

I just went back and watched the replay. I'm fairly confident a good throw would have made it a bang bang play. You don't risk it with nobody out. If there were two outs he probably gets sent.