4/14 Game thread: Minnesota, 12:10pm, CSN/WLS

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 02:59 PM)
He got outguessed right there.

Here is fun with stats. Before that AB, Garcia had gone from a .530 OPS, to one just over .750... in one game. This is why quoting batting averages and such is a silly thing to do in the first week of the season.

The more you know...

Absolutely out guessed.

Ya quoting batting averages right now is silly. He's hit the ball hard the past two games he's played.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 03:00 PM)
Or Sands. The problem with him is that his defense absolutely bites. That could be an issue in a high-leverage situation, like the 9th inning

You can bat Sands and then substitute Jackson in for defense in the bottom of the 9th.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 03:06 PM)
How did Latos look today? I was only able to start watching last inning.

His stats look good judging from the box score, but that can be misleading sometimes.

He was pretty good if you ask me. Gave up triple due to bad defense but I think he did good enough to win the game.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 03:06 PM)
He was pretty good if you ask me. Gave up triple due to bad defense but I think he did good enough to win the game.

He absolutely deserves this win. His breaking balls were pretty good today. He mixed them in really well.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 03:08 PM)
I like the way we're pitching, but I hope our offense heats up a bit. 3 runs every game won't cut it with guys like Danks on the mound, or Sale/Q/Rodon on a bad day

They're starting to as Melky and Lawrie are heating up. Avi swinging well the past two games. Navarro has a good track record of hitting as does Frazier. It's starting to all come together.

I like the way we're pitching, but I hope our offense heats up a bit. 3 runs every game won't cut it with guys like Danks on the mound, or Sale/Q/Rodon on a bad day

Escobar had one hell of a defensive game. With an average SS in there, we have a couple of more runs on the board, at least. That is even including the amazing catch Kepler made in CF.

I'm not worried about the offense at all. Even the guys that aren't putting up good averages have hit the ball harder than their stat line shows. I think this offense could be dangerous once the weather warms up. Plus I liked the execution to score that 3rd run today by bunting Garcia over and then hitting a sac fly to get him in. Seems like those are the types of runs this team usually can't manage to get.