AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

If Frazier would start hitting, this offense would be fine. The only real hole would be at Catcher, which is acceptable.

I also think that the harm to the pitching staff from the loss of Flowers' "pitch framing" has been exaggerated. The stat boys need to work on a "pitcher-independent" framing stat. I suspect some pitchers frame themselves.

Nice start by Melky. Keep that OPS over .720, please.

Saladino needs more than 2 appearances per week. He may be a gem.

Edited by GreenSox

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 03:40 PM)
I know this is going to sound stupid, but I think Sale knows he hasn't been his best so far and gets real nasty tomorrow. It's motivation for him to see guys like Latos dominate and realize he needs to pick up the slack a little. This team is very fun right now, hope it never ends.

It's also Sale returning home, he always has family and friends visiting when he is in Tampa. A little extra motivation

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 04:26 PM)
If Frazier would start hitting, this offense would be fine. The only real hole would be at Catcher, which is acceptable.

I also think that the harm to the pitching staff from the loss of Flowers' "pitch framing" has been exaggerated. The stat boys need to work on a "pitcher-independent" framing stat. I suspect some pitchers frame themselves.

Nice start by Melky. Keep that OPS over .720, please.

Saladino needs more than 2 appearances per week. He may be a gem.

It's been nice. Last year Sox had so many guys get off to putrid starts and it just snow balled it seemed. Now maybe guys can relax a bit and start hitting even more.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 04:39 PM)
It's been nice. Last year Sox had so many guys get off to putrid starts and it just snow balled it seemed. Now maybe guys can relax a bit and start hitting even more.

I agree...and closure of holes in the lineup should create some synergy as hitters will be relieved of pressure to "do it all' knowing that there isn't a stiff hitting behind them.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 04:43 PM)
Didn't he have a great start last year there except for giving up the homer to Asdrubal? Or was that a different year?

That was last year. So he only gave up 2 runs and lost the game. The hitters were bad last year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 05:26 PM)
It makes leading the league in it all of the more impressive.

68.9% turned into outs last year. 3rd from the bottom only Philly and Colorado were worse. It's partially a park and pitching staff related stat but anything below 70% is bad, regardless. I think it's a fairly good barometer of overall team defense, not definitive but certainly a decent choice if you're only looking at one easy to understand metric.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 04:26 PM)

well...in Dioner's defense...his first two at bats he smoked the ball...just right at people. His second at bat I thought was a sure double...and was a great catch.

This team just looks like it has confidence, that's something I haven't seen out of the Sox in awhile. Once Frazier heats up with the bat we could see these guys really scare some opposing rotations.

Also, for the amazing amount of Avi hate I had last year and this offseason, I will be the first to admit that he is definitely putting together better at bats. The fact that they have him DH'ing and Eaton dominating RF makes the development of his bat much more palatable.

Long story short, I love this team!

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 12:15 AM)
This team just looks like it has confidence, that's something I haven't seen out of the Sox in awhile. Once Frazier heats up with the bat we could see these guys really scare some opposing rotations.

Also, for the amazing amount of Avi hate I had last year and this offseason, I will be the first to admit that he is definitely putting together better at bats. The fact that they have him DH'ing and Eaton dominating RF makes the development of his bat much more palatable.

Long story short, I love this team!

and with that confidence will come the swagger of "ok, bring it" :bringit

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 06:15 PM)

Exactly...confidence AND enthusiasm. You bring in guys like Lawrie, Navarro, Frazier, Latos, Avila...and have some of the hungry kids...it's bound to happen. This is a really good group and nice mix IMO.

Seems like forever that Suzuki, Plouffe, and Dozier haven't contributed mightily to Sox misfortunes.

As Hawk says," It's not who you play it's when you play them."

Pitching has been beastly. If Latos can be solid at 4 not even as good as he's been but ERA under 4.00 Sox make the playoffs, if key players remain healthy.