The irony of it all

sox-r-us

The person who probably (ok definitely) shut the door on the Sox was none other than Kenny Rogers

Yes the same Kenny Rogers who Kenny tried valiantly to bring in here as the 5th starter in the off season.

Instead, we got 1 win (I may be a little off here) from our # 5 starter all year, and that is what has doomed us this year, other than losing 8 to Detoilet.

I do have a question for Jerry Reinsdick though. Does he realize that by spending another 5 mill, not more, we could have won the WS here this year. Just add Kenny Rogers and a reliable reliever from the start of the year and we would have been there.

Shrug......

Guest hotsoxchick1
The person who probably (ok definitely) shut the door on the Sox was none other than Kenny Rogers

Yes the same Kenny Rogers who Kenny tried valiantly to bring in here as the 5th starter in the off season.

Instead, we got 1 win (I may be a little off here) from our # 5 starter all year, and that is what has doomed us this year, other than losing 8 to Detoilet.

I do have a question for Jerry Reinsdick though. Does he realize that by spending another 5 mill, not more, we could have won the WS here this year. Just add Kenny Rogers and a reliable reliever from the start of the year and we would have been there.

Shrug......

and where the hell were you when we were screaming for a #5 eariler in the year..lol........ :huh: :D

Guest hotsoxchick1
And as was mentioned on the radio last night, if the Sox had signed Rogers to be their #5, they may NOT have signed Loaiza.

They had Wright in their plans all along, Loaiza had to outpitch Rauch to get the fifth spot.

so really, they've gotten 19 wins from their "fifth spot"...

they could have easily landed rogers mid way through the season and dumped wrights non pitching ass............of course then we may have done something right for a change and thats not what this org. is all about....... :rolleyes:

And as was mentioned on the radio last night, if the Sox had signed Rogers to be their #5, they may NOT have signed Loaiza.

They had Wright in their plans all along, Loaiza had to outpitch Rauch to get the fifth spot.

Yeah, you're 100% right. Wright won what, 12 games last year. Who knew he'd suck so much? Wright was going to start this year no matter what. Wasn't he better than Garland last year? What can ya do? Sadly, will he not be in our rotation next year? I have to think he will be one of the candidates.

At Soxfest the Sox had already signed Loaisa, and were contemplating signing Rogers. So that radio report was innaccurate. Rogers was quoted in the paper as being extra pumped up to face the Sox. He claimed that while negotiating the Sox kept coming back and lowering their offer.

At Soxfest the Sox had already signed Loaisa, and were contemplating signing Rogers. So that radio report was innaccurate. Rogers was quoted in the paper as being extra pumped up to face the Sox. He claimed that while negotiating the Sox kept coming back and lowering their offer.

I sit corrected....that's what I get for listening to sports talk radio...

You are wrong The Critic. The Sox signed Loaiza way before they started talking to Kenny Rogers. Kenny would have been brought in here for #5, but since Loaiza had been good in ST and since Wright was injured the first month, Loaiza would have started, and once Kenny and Loaiza had shown their stuff, Wright would be sent to the pen or have to take over from Garland since everyone else was pitching fine (even Beurhle then, who had no run support at the start but pithced decently)

You are wrong The Critic. The Sox signed Loaiza way before they started talking to Kenny Rogers. Kenny would have been brought in here for #5, but since Loaiza had been good in ST and since Wright was injured the first month, Loaiza would have started, and once Kenny and Loaiza had shown their stuff, Wright would be sent to the pen or have to take over from Garland since everyone else was pitching fine (even Beurhle then, who had no run support at the start but pithced decently)

See above....I sit corrected...don't make me STAND corrected!!!

:angry: :D

...and it wasn't ME who originally said that anyway - I SAID I heard it on the radio!

so :P