20 Players Who Could Be Dealt At Deadline (MLB.com)

Boopa1219

The Sox Are In Contention  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would You Go After?

• CarGo
    • Bruce
    • Aybar
    • Trumbo
    • McGee
    • Benoit

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/172149754/ml...-could-be-dealt

A list of 20 players who could be dealt towards the deadline.

Some of the usual suspects are on there, like your Bruce and Cargo but Duquette also list Stephen Strasburg as someone who could be dealt.

While I am warming up to the idea of CarGo playing for the Sox, I really would like to see the Sox go after McGee. I think the team could use another power arm to pair with Jones, preferably a lefty power arm out of the pen.

Who would you like to see the Sox go after?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2016 season is less than two weeks old, but guess what? It's never too soon to look toward the non-waiver Trade Deadline, which this year falls on Aug. 1.

Actually yes, it is too soon. You don't know what you really need until summer and you don't know what kind of season the possible hole filler is having.

QUOTE (Tex @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 06:52 AM)
Actually yes, it is too soon. You don't know what you really need until summer and you don't know what kind of season the possible hole filler is having.

"It is never too soon to set up your rotation order for the playoffs"

QUOTE (Tex @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 06:52 AM)

The Sox know. They need a LH run producer to play DH or the OF.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 08:20 AM)
Nationals have the best record in baseball (I think?) and they're going to trade Strasburg? Okay.

I don't mind the thread or the topic even though it's premature. Fun little banter for a couple months leading up to the deadline.

Ya especially since Trumbo has had a real nice start for Baltimore.

It's not premature for the Sox because the DH is a black hole. They need to get a bat soon or bring up Coats.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 07:17 AM)
The Sox know. They need a LH run producer to play DH or the OF.

If Avi isn't producing by the end of June, I imagine that the Sox will look to replace him. The problem the Sox have is that they have relatively few tradable players in their minor-league system, and this is complicated by the fact that they'd be bidding against other teams.

Because of that, I think it's more likely that they make an internal move. If Anderson is doing OK in Charlotte by July, I can see Avi getting optioned down and Anderson and Rollins splitting time at SS/DH.

Edited by Black_Jack29

The name that baffled me the most was Jorge Soler, especially since this article was written after the Schwarber injury.

The Cubs are in no position to trade Soler, although they do have guys who can hold down the outfield in Baez and Zobrist.

If the Soler (who I am really high on) plays well, they could consider moving Schwarber because his defense is a liability and he looks like he should be a DH.

Anyways, the article did come way too soon but it's something to talk about and you can always talk about baseball.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 08:20 AM)
Nationals have the best record in baseball (I think?) and they're going to trade Strasburg? Okay.

In Duquette's defense he did say that they should consider it, if they are not in contention. Which makes a lot of sense because he is a free agent after the season, his agent is Scott Boras and they could get a big return for him, rather than an extra draft pick.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 10:36 AM)
The Sox have been looking to replace Avi all winter. I am sure that didn't change at all. Now the problem is that no one is going to be willing to dance this early in the season. If he keeps hitting like this, he will be replaced by June.

I honestly believe he has until the end of the month.

On the board last night they had a number where Avi hit .349 his first 23 games with the White Sox. Just another reminder of fun with small sample sizes. Chances are Avi will have a hot streak eventually, but that won't mean he's fixed, nor does a slump by guys like Abreu mean the league has caught up to him. Avi probably isn't any good, but he isn't as bad as he has been the last few days.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 11:55 AM)
On the board last night they had a number where Avi hit .349 his first 23 games with the White Sox. Just another reminder of fun with small sample sizes. Chances are Avi will have a hot streak eventually, but that won't mean he's fixed, nor does a slump by guys like Abreu mean the league has caught up to him. Avi probably isn't any good, but he isn't as bad as he has been the last few days.

I just wanted to see him battle and have good ABs.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 12:09 PM)
I recall him swinging at a fastball that was neck-high and inside during the TB series. He's still not there mentally, which isn't a good sign.

He changed his stance and having problems in reality probably makes things worse. I'm pretty sure Avi thinks less of his chances of getting a hit right now than any of us.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 12:55 PM)
Bingo.

Markaikas name should be on any list for us. Perfect 2 hole hitter with a ton of doubles and high OBP and not alot of strikeouts. Put him in left and move Cabrera to DH and get rid of Avi. Should have been done in the offseason. He will be traded for sure seeing he's the last of Atlanta high prices players. No brainer to me

QUOTE (SoxSteve @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 01:09 PM)
Markaikas name should be on any list for us. Perfect 2 hole hitter with a ton of doubles and high OBP and not alot of strikeouts. Put him in left and move Cabrera to DH and get rid of Avi. Should have been done in the offseason. He will be traded for sure seeing he's the last of Atlanta high prices players. No brainer to me

Eh. He is off to an unsustainable start, and hasn't been very good for a number of years now. He hasn't had a positive defensive number for almost a decade. He'd be a marginal improvement, but the guy is still owed $22 million.