*Gamethread* 4/21 - Angels vs White Sox

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 02:48 PM)
3 offensive players on the roster with positive offensive WAR. Somehow, things keep getting worse offensively.

I know, I'm sitting here thinking that it will start trending upwards and it just gets worse. Eaton and Melky seem to have cooled off and no one is hitting enough to put together any kind of continuation hitting.

The worse part is it seems like our hitters pass on the good pitches to hit only to get themselves out on better pitches. Incredibly frustrating to watch. With how inept they look, I feel like I could turn the game off now and not miss anything.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 07:51 PM)
Abreu will break out of his slump, but other than that I dont see this getting much better. Eaton, Lawrie and Melky should at least be OK but the rest of it is a walking disaster.

Garcia will be gone sooner than later. Avila is washed up. Jackson will be better but by no means he's an offensive stud. There are definitely at bats to be had for a new addition. You forgot Frazier, who will be fine.

The Angels lineup is laughably bad. That franchise is in some trouble right now. Their major league roster isn't good at all and their minor league system is by far and away the worst in baseball. If they didn't have Trout it would be time to just fold up shop.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 02:53 PM)
What do you think?

Weavers been hitting some of his spots, but his stuff isn't that good anymore and at the very least the Sox should be putting more pressure on him. The fact that they have made a guy with an 83 mph fastball look like Jake Arrieta tells you that this offense currently BLOWS. Too many easy outs.