*Gamethread* 4/21 - Angels vs White Sox

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple hitters need better aproaches. Eaton's approach sucks a lot of times. Avi is the worst. Im a avi backer, but he needs to go to charlotte for a while. The team is there. They need to click. It may be they never click. Who knows

Sox offense needs to come around, Solid pitching around even if danks was shaky as hell at least he induced 3 DPs. Need Frazier and Abreu to wake up and Jackson to just be serviceable.

It is just very, very rough watching this horrific offense every darn game. This has been going on too long. It is such a shame to waste the pitching. We have our solid rotation set for quite a while (knock on wood, barring injury). We need to really, really surround them with some better hitting. I am sorry, but with some of the FA hitters available this past offseason, and us only getting the bottom of the scrap heap, still ticks me off.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 04:16 PM)
If only we can hit like we hit in the 9th every other inning.

There was actually a sense of urgency late in the game that was completely missing for the first 7-8 innings.

I think it was the opposite. Guys took pitches and got good pitches to hit, instead of swinging at the first thing that was close. Cabrera and Lawrie worked the counts. Frazier didn't try to pull it, instead waiting back and hitting it the other way.

In my defense, I didnt see the pitch thrown to him, but I would agree if its a rolling curveball that's the one you go for. Gotta shakeup the roster tomorrow though, they need to wake up for this next stretch.

Danks actually pitched decent but the offense remains putrid.

Updated numbers:

In 10 out of the 16 games played, Sox have scored three runs or less (62.5%)

Have now lost three games when holding opponents to three runs or less.

Garcia needs to go away now to Charlotte. He's brutal.

Mark

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 04:22 PM)
Sigh, a few more feet and then there's a rush of "We don't win this type of game last year" comments.

A bit more wind or some wheaties could have resulted in a win.

Offense: 2015 redux.

Abreu now has protection, right Hawk? Both are bad now. Jose is swinging at some terrible pitches. Here's a reality check. He's very good, he's not great. He doesn't really carry a team. Doesn't walk much. And his defense - enough with how much he's improved. He has yes. But look at what we started with. At best he doesn't lose you games. But he's not gonna win ya any either. He's below average at scooping throws in the dirt, below average range and his decision making also below average. Appreciate Konerko, people. GREAT hands. Yes limited range but everything else was strong. Great at scoops and he had moxy. Sneaking behind runners to pick them off. I see none of that with Jose. I see a very good doughy hitter. Great. That has value. But he's not elite.

Frazier needs to get to .240 before I stop comparing him to Thome/Dunn/LaRoche.

Rollins. Eh.

Lawrie - the guy tries. I like him.

Catchers. below eh.

Melky - like him.

Eaton - like him.

Ajax - i agree he has hit hard into a lot of outs. and good D.

Avi - no redeemable skill no. I see no reason not to send him down and bring up Coats. Couldn't be worse. His ABs are ugly.

Danks - looked ugly doing it but the result was a game we should've won.

Man I thought Jackson finally hit one out. He's had tough luck with his fly outs. Of course we get a solid outing from Danks but can't hit Weaver ever. This offense is just f***ing putrid. Avi is a waste of space. Demote his ass and bring up Coats

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 03:25 PM)
Danks actually pitched decent but the offense remains putrid.

Updated numbers:

In 10 out of the 16 games played, Sox have scored three runs or less (62.5%)

Have now lost three games when holding opponents to three runs or less.

Garcia needs to go away now to Charlotte. He's brutal.

Mark

Danks pitched like crap, defense made a bunch of plays, balls got hit at defenders, and he got 4 DPs. Absolutely brutal to get that kind of luck and not be able to score enough runs.

QUOTE (ronkark @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 03:11 PM)
Offense: 2015 redux.

Abreu now has protection, right Hawk? Both are bad now. Jose is swinging at some terrible pitches. Here's a reality check. He's very good, he's not great. He doesn't really carry a team. Doesn't walk much. And his defense - enough with how much he's improved. He has yes. But look at what we started with. At best he doesn't lose you games. But he's not gonna win ya any either. He's below average at scooping throws in the dirt, below average range and his decision making also below average. Appreciate Konerko, people. GREAT hands. Yes limited range but everything else was strong. Great at scoops and he had moxy. Sneaking behind runners to pick them off. I see none of that with Jose. I see a very good doughy hitter. Great. That has value. But he's not elite.

Frazier needs to get to .240 before I stop comparing him to Thome/Dunn/LaRoche.

Rollins. Eh.

Lawrie - the guy tries. I like him.

Catchers. below eh.

Melky - like him.

Eaton - like him.

Ajax - i agree he has hit hard into a lot of outs. and good D.

Avi - no redeemable skill no. I see no reason not to send him down and bring up Coats. Couldn't be worse. His ABs are ugly.

Danks - looked ugly doing it but the result was a game we should've won.

If you want to be taken seriously around here - you really need to stop bringing up at Thome as if he was a negative player at the plate. As someone else already pointed out, dude was a beast with us.