*Gamethread* 4/21 - Angels vs White Sox

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 02:32 PM)
If you have pinpoint control, you get away with throwing 82. If he is off just a little bit, he'll get destroyed. Right now, he isn't off a little bit. Hopetully next inning he will.

Not sure how he gets away with the 82 mph fastballs down the plate to Abreu and Eaton, however. And his ERA against tells a different story.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 02:32 PM)
If you have pinpoint control, you get away with throwing 82. If he is off just a little bit, he'll get destroyed. Right now, he isn't off a little bit. Hopetully next inning he will.

He doesn't have pinpoint control though. I've seen him miss his spots often. The offense has been terrible, and im not giving Weaver any credit

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 02:21 PM)
That's into the territory of not being able to hit some middle of the rotation college pitcher. He'd be drafted as a favor to someone near the 30th round with this stuff

James, "Jim Dieters" drafted in the 7th round by the Cleveland Indians. Nasty lefty threw 86-90 and I struck out in my only three at bats against him. He was tough on lefties like myself. He blew out his arm in AA and never made it higher. I'm pretty sure his stuff in DIII as a senior was at least as good as this version of John Danks.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Apr 21, 2016 -> 08:35 PM)
He doesn't have pinpoint control though. I've seen him miss his spots often. The offense has been terrible, and im not giving Weaver any credit

Yep, Melky swung at some change-ups nowhere near the zone last AB. Just doesn't seem like the hitters have a game plan at all against starting pitchers they've seen. They've been much better against relievers.