4/22 Game thread: Texas, 7:10pm, CSN

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 03:04 PM)

While I disagree that Jackson should be in the 2 hole right now, it makes a lot of sense for how he's swinging the bat right now. He's definitely going to see more fastballs in front of Abreu. That said, I really think Robin needs to be stacking this differently right now. Maybe something like:

Eaton

Abreu

Cabrera

Frazier

Lawrie

Rollins

DH

Avila

Jackson

QUOTE (Dunt @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 02:19 PM)
While I disagree that Jackson should be in the 2 hole right now, it makes a lot of sense for how he's swinging the bat right now. He's definitely going to see more fastballs in front of Abreu. That said, I really think Robin needs to be stacking this differently right now. Maybe something like:

Eaton

Abreu

Cabrera

Frazier

Lawrie

Rollins

DH

Avila

Jackson

I agree. If Abreu continues the way he has been, Robin will have to get creative with the line up.

QUOTE (chisox802 @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 08:22 PM)
I agree. If Abreu continues the way he has been, Robin will have to get creative with the line up.

If Abreu continues the way he has been, this team has no chance to compete. Robin would have no prayer of keeping this team in games.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 03:23 PM)
If Abreu continues the way he has been, this team has no chance to compete. Robin would have no prayer of keeping this team in games.

Yes. Players have to play (well).

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 22, 2016 -> 06:01 PM)
Saladino hits LHP well too though and is the better defender. The issue is with Rollins against RHP, not Saladino against LHP.

Saladino hit .207 with an OPS of .650 vs lefties last year. He doesn't hit them well. Theres a lot of negatives with Jimmy Rollins, but one thing for sure is that he is still an above average hitter vs LHP. That's something we need all we can get right now.

4 for 7 this year with 2 doubles and 2 walks. .762 OPS vs lefties last year. Let him play vs the lefties, especially now of all the times.