AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

Very impressive comeback. I really love this team's attitude and effort....it is early but they seem to have a winning swagger about them. Let's get Jose rolling and really stack some W's.

Another bat at some point would reeeeeeaaaally be helpful too. Make this team dangerous.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 10:54 PM)
He could've easily given up 3-4 HR in this one.

Yes, I'm aware this board views every game in a 162 game season in absolute terms. I still think he'll have a part in our season and well view it favorably

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 07:34 PM)
Didn't think we had a chance after the 3rd. This team keeps surprising and I love it!!

I turned it off to watch the Black Hawks, then ended up watching both when I saw the Sox were down 5-3 and rallying. I'm loving this bunch.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 09:54 PM)
Just need to try and minimize the 5th starter spots, as obvious as it seems. A "rotating 5th" might not be the worst idea until late June when the trade market gets a bit clearer.

Exactly. We can rotate Danks, Gonzalez, Johndon, Turner until the market opens up. Just try and steal some of those wins like tonight.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 11:42 PM)
This win really sets the tone for the road trip. Winning a series in Toronto is a tough task, but I think we've got a decent chance of doing that with Sale and Quintana going the next two games.

I think you and you changing your avatar is why we won!

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 25, 2016 -> 08:08 PM)
Albers is the quickest fat guy since Robert "Tractor" Trailer. Hey, if you can't be svelte, at least be quick and good at hurling a baseball.

Jose has the best smiles when he does something a bit athletic. Glad to see the big man part of a winning club he'll come around soon.

I'm not sure Lawrie makes that play without a barehand peg and throw on that chopper that ended it. Certainly would have been bang bang. I'll take the automatic out.

If you watch the replay of the tricky hop that made the ball hit Tulo you'll see Lawrie reaching way over to the left with his glove. I'm pretty sure that's from the weird hop rather than where the ball deflected to after it hit Tulo. Would've been very close at 1st. That " grounder " as it was described in the game thread was actually a ball that bounced very high on the turf with a lot of spin which was why it took the nutty hop. So he wasn't going to make a barehanded play when the ball was headed to his left because of the hop. Saunders being left handed was already pretty far down the line when it hit Tulo.

Edit: I saw a later post from you that agrees with what I wrote here so never mind .Well you actually agreed with the how close the play wouldve been from the start, My point was I didn't think it would be a barehand play.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 26, 2016 -> 05:55 AM)
Watch the guys on the mound congratulate Putnam when he was being yanked. The team never had that vocal Atticus previously.

Have you seen the Albers replay after he got to the dugout after making the play on the bunt ? It was on the Toronto feed and is in the Albers thread. It's great .