4/28 Game thread: @ Baltimore, 6:05pm, CSN

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 08:09 PM)
He threw 3 strikes and was down 2-1 in the count. Danks doesn't have the stuff to overcome that. The ump was awful that AB.

Ha Ha. EXACTLY...it gets nauseating hearing Hawk complain about the umps when Danks flat out stinks and has no ability to overcome ANYTHING. It does not matter how awful the ump was that AB. Danks stinks, Hawk should blame it on that. Hawk's whining over the years has become tiresome. It was very nice to get a break from him.

Edited by soxfan85

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 09:22 PM)
Seems like the White Sox would have been better off throwing a motivated Miguel Gonzalez against his former team, but that would still have meant sacrificing one of the Blue Jays games and maybe that series doesn't end up as more than one win.

In retrospect, it's hard to imagine Erik Johnson doing MUCH worse...or Beck. Then again, maybe not.

On 2 days rest? Nah

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 08:23 PM)
Anyone else ready to give EJ a shot or Gonzalez another shot?

You could give a pitching machine a shot and you might end up with better results than running Danks out there.

He's done....completely and unquestionably done as a ML pitcher. He should feel like s*** when he signs his paychecks...it's larceny.

I understand just not having good stuff but Danks is not only lacking stuff but also control. Awful awful awful.

The team even seemed kind of down emotionally tonight from the jump, likely because they knew they had no prayer of winning this game.

Yeah, and I'm sure part of that also must have been related to the passing of Robertson's father.

Hopefully, long-term, it brings the team closer together.

Talk about bad timing for Danks, though...the Orioles only had scored 5 runs in the their 4 games (1.25 per game). We woke them up and pushed them back to a 3 RPG average, haha. Oh well. If it forces the White Sox to finally make a move instead of sacrificing every fifth game, that's the best outcome to hope for. Tmrw we have a "no name" pitcher with pedestrian stats. Historically, that has meant the White Sox would struggle against him. Let's see if anything has changed.

UP NEXT

White Sox: LHP Carlos Rodon (1-2) is to make his fifth start on Friday. He pitched a scoreless inning in his only other appearance at Camden Yards on April 29 last year.

Orioles: RHP Mike Wright (1-2) has a 6.23 ERA in three starts and 17 1/3 innings this season.

Does Danks have a son? If so, does he want to start bringing him to the clubhouse? The Sox can easily fix this situation if the right pieces fall into place...

Seriously though, Danks looks like toast. I highly doubt they will flat out release him at this point, but something needs to be done. Maybe they can call on a phantom injury and see what some combo of Gonzalez, Johnson, Beck, or Carroll can do in the meantime. Sox really need a traditional long man out of the pen to help the 5th spot out. I really don't see Danks being able to win more than 5 games if he stays in the rotation all year.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 08:41 PM)
On 2 days rest? Nah

When did Gonzalez previously pitch for Charlotte?

I meant starting Danks in the game against TOR Gonzalez gave up 5 runs in and then holding Gonzalez for this start against BALT.

It doesn't really matter, because Danks would have been massacred by the Jays and we might have been swept by their reawakened offense. As it stands right now, we just woke up a zombie-like Orioles team.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. They tried to get ahead of it by pitching Gonzalez against a team that he'd been relatively successful against in his career, and that Danks had been destroyed by.

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 08:39 PM)
Ha Ha. EXACTLY...it gets nauseating hearing Hawk complain about the umps when Danks flat out stinks and has no ability to overcome ANYTHING. It does not matter how awful the ump was that AB. Danks stinks, Hawk should blame it on that. Hawk's whining over the years has become tiresome. It was very nice to get a break from him.

I don't think I've ever heard Hawk trash a player on air like he did tonight with Danks. Extremely rare to hear

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 08:55 PM)
Does Danks have a son? If so, does he want to start bringing him to the clubhouse? The Sox can easily fix this situation if the right pieces fall into place...

Seriously though, Danks looks like toast. I highly doubt they will flat out release him at this point, but something needs to be done. Maybe they can call on a phantom injury and see what some combo of Gonzalez, Johnson, Beck, or Carroll can do in the meantime. Sox really need a traditional long man out of the pen to help the 5th spot out. I really don't see Danks being able to win more than 5 games if he stays in the rotation all year.

Maybe we should (at least temporarily) keep anyone affiliated with the country music industry/Nashville away from the White Sox...one thing that LaRoche and Danks both share in common.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 08:59 PM)
Maybe we should (at least temporarily) keep anyone affiliated with the country music industry/Nashville away from the White Sox...one thing that LaRoche and Danks both share in common.

Danks ERA has been 4.75 ish for 4 years and counting. It needs to end now. Not the worst ERA in the world but clearly he has no potential or use to us.

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 09:39 PM)

When did Hawk complain about the umps tonight?

I swear... some of you have some weird obsession with Hawk.

I heard Stone make more comments about the ump than anyone tonight..

But really no one said anything about the ump tonight.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 09:59 PM)
I don't think I've ever heard Hawk trash a player on air like he did tonight with Danks. Extremely rare to hear

How exactly did Hawk "Trash" Danks tonight?

He said "Danks can't pitch from behind"

He said "Danks didn't have his good stuff or control tonight?"

How exactly did he "Trash" Danks?

QUOTE (harkness @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 09:35 PM)
How exactly did Hawk "Trash" Danks tonight?

He said "Danks can't pitch from behind"

He said "Danks didn't have his good stuff or control tonight?"

How exactly did he "Trash" Danks?

"get rid of him"

"another rocket, what else?"

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 28, 2016 -> 11:13 PM)
He may make another since Gonzalez can't be called up for like 9 days (unless someone else comes up).

Putting Danks on the DL nullifies both the Gonzalez and EJ demotions. Though Turner is probably the next man up.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Apr 29, 2016 -> 12:58 AM)
Yes he did :lol: Where are the Danks apologists now

I'm still here. I love Johnny Danks. I do admit, however, I don't want him starting the Sox-Royals game I'm going to in May. Put him on the DL til he gets his velocity back, or make him a reliever (Danny Duffy and Hochevar were starters once as well) or send him down on a rehab assignment. Or send him to the Braves for a Class A prospect. I predict he will win 10 games again in his career during a bounceback season at some point.

Edited by greg775