5/3 Game thread: Boston, 7:10pm, CSN

Boston's starting pitching is awful except for Porcello who we miss. However their closer is lights out so we do not want to get to the ninth behind. Obviously they hit the hell out of the ball. Ironically, they also lead the majors in stolen bases which is totally out of character for a Red Sox team.

Edited by SCCWS

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ May 3, 2016 -> 04:30 PM)
Eaton, Rollins, Abreu, Frazier, Cabrera, Lawrie, Sands, Navarro, Jackson

Betts, Pedroia, Bogaerts, Ortiz, Ramirez, Shaw, Young, Hanigan, Bradley

Haven't paid attention to the Red Sox this season but that lineup doesn't seem too powerful. Not that scared

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ May 3, 2016 -> 05:04 PM)
Haven't paid attention to the Red Sox this season but that lineup doesn't seem too powerful. Not that scared

They have a good lineup but they just beat up on a struggling Yanks staff,nothing to brag about.i think Sox shut em down

QUOTE (SCCWS @ May 3, 2016 -> 04:53 PM)
Boston's starting pitching is awful except for Porcello who we miss. However their closer is lights out so we do not want to get to the ninth behind. Obviously they hit the hell out of the ball. Ironically, they also lead the majors in stolen bases which is totally out of character for a Red Sox team.

Perfect that we miss Porcello and Price.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ May 3, 2016 -> 05:08 PM)
They have a good lineup but they just beat up on a struggling Yanks staff,nothing to brag about.i think Sox shut em down

Yea I'm checking them out right now- holy crap Papi is raking. They have quite a few short guys in the lineup

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 3, 2016 -> 10:43 AM)
Yea I haven't seen a run like this since I think Heads back in 2005.

I did win us a World Series. 14-1 record in game threads starting on September 28. Call me when this guy does it in the clutch.

epa00547526-chicago-white-sox-pitcher-or

Taking my little brother to the game right now. Hoping to see some run support for Q tonight, maybe it's just Dickey but hoping our successes against him translate to other knuckleballers, especially back at home. Wouldn't mind to see Abreu continue to right the ship.

Not related to this game, but I'm super excited because, for my b-day, my wife got us tickets to the May 10th game vs. the Rangers in Arlington. Rodon pitching, I think?

Of course, my wife is a Rangers fan, so when we pounded Noesi in the ninth a few years ago, and Oswalt a few years before that, I had to keep my usual excitement rather subdued. Maybe it's just me, but it seems that all of our blowouts come against the Rangers...

Anyways, go Sox!

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 3, 2016 -> 07:35 PM)
Q's pitch count is gonna force him out of the game pretty quickly. f***ing Boston....

They've always worked the counts well. Especially in the AL East it seems because they play such long games. Particularly between the Yanks and Sox.