Finding A Trade Partner for Ryan Braun

Y2Jimmy0

QUOTE (knightni @ May 3, 2016 -> 12:48 PM)
He's a habitual liar, 'roider and has a monster contract.

I really doubt that this is more than speculation.

If the Brewers at like $20 million though, he'd be on like a 4/60 deal. I think a rental type LHB is much more likely but it's not completely crazy.

You have to draw the line somewhere. I used to be anti any PED guys. Then I figured there were most likely plenty I really like that just haven't been dumb enough to get caught. Plenty I probably suspect that are clean, etc. So his PED bust wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, although it would play into the return. The deal breaker would be how he tried to sell an innocent guy down the river. Total lack of character.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 3, 2016 -> 01:10 PM)
You have to draw the line somewhere. I used to be anti any PED guys. Then I figured there were most likely plenty I really like that just haven't been dumb enough to get caught. Plenty I probably suspect that are clean, etc. So his PED bust wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, although it would play into the return. The deal breaker would be how he tried to sell an innocent guy down the river. Total lack of character.

Agreed 100%. The PED issue isn't a big deal anymore for me (let's be honest. One of our hottest hitters we've all been backing this year used them). The other stuff you said makes him a giant douche.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 3, 2016 -> 01:04 PM)
I like how the author gives Brauns batting average of .372 then qualifies it with him having a .409 BABIP. LIke duh !! Kind of what one would expect with a batting average of .372. It's not like his BABIP is going to be .300 .

Not really all that uncommon for a player's BABIP to be lower than their batting average though. He was pointing it out to say that it is probably not sustainable. Braun has always had a rather high BABIP. For his career it is .336. Even if his BABIP was at his career level he would be hitting .316 this year. So either way you look at it he is having a great year.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 3, 2016 -> 02:29 PM)
And he'd immediately become arguably the Sox' best hitter. I'd take him at the right price.

I think the effect he'd have in the clubhouse hasn't really been talked about. This team looks like a pretty tight unit. If things keep going good and the Sox are in the position to trade for Braun you can't help but consider how your

current players feel about him. I know "winning builds chemistry" but it does seem like Braun lost almost all respect from his peers when he got busted, wouldn't doubt even Todd or Eaton to say something about not wanting him on the team.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 3, 2016 -> 12:50 PM)
If the Brewers at like $20 million though, he'd be on like a 4/60 deal. I think a rental type LHB is much more likely but it's not completely crazy.

Given that it would be his age 33-36 seasons, that's still too much money IMO. Given his "medical" history, you can't trust that he will stay healthy or productive. I would love it as a one or two year rental though, this team would be dangerous.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 3, 2016 -> 02:47 PM)
I hate this argument. Yes, Braun's a douche but this "innocent guy" acted totally outside of what his job required him to do. So Braun's legal team exposed him of his negligence and had the proceeding overturned. The tester made himself liable to penance and Braun's lawyers capitalized on it. Yeah, Braun did some press conferences and probably lied a lot but that's the system we have. If this "innocent guy" didn't want to be subjected to this process, then he should have done his job the way it's required to be done.

He called the guy an anti Semite, and if that wasn't douchy enough, a Cubs fan.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ May 3, 2016 -> 03:13 PM)
I wouldn't be on board with with this guy. I don't like him at all because of his lying, cheating dbag ass.

You can say the same about Melky...

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 3, 2016 -> 02:14 PM)
Agreed 100%. The PED issue isn't a big deal anymore for me (let's be honest. One of our hottest hitters we've all been backing this year used them). The other stuff you said makes him a giant douche.

And one of our best pitchers used them