Bye Jerry Manuel

DonkeyKongerko

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manuel must go, but so must KW.

He acquired some good players, yes, but this team did have some holes,

especially early with Rios, D'Angelo and Botch and Harris and last year Ritchie and Royce.

Just for some of these moves, he must go, too.

Does anybody in the know, know if we are gonna fire KW?

especially early with Rios, D'Angelo and Botch and Harris and last year Ritchie and Royce.

I doubt it, it'd be nice if JR just cleaned up and got a new GM and Manager,but the only one I think will be going is Manuel.

What about Loiaza, Colon, Alomar, Everett, Sullivan???

KW is fine, IMO...it's JM who should be axed.

Ritchie wasn't one of the best in the NL.

I remember Baggs' posts on that topic.

I don't want to argue, but KW has not assembled a tremendous team here.

We are so slow afoot, we are weak defensively (weaker til Alomar came) and

have no closer.

In answer to your question about Koch ... Oakland's GM sure had a nice

premonition in acquiring Foulke, didn't he?

We would love to have Foulke now.

How did Oakland's GM know Foulke would rebound??

If KW keeps Foulke, we have a closer.

We b****ed about Gene Lamont, we b****ed about Terry Bevington and now we b**** about Jerry Manuel. It's what Sox fans do. I guarantee the next guy they bring in, in the end, they'll be b****ing about him too.

I hate to say it, but that may friends is how you complete a sweep. You don't win the first 2 games of a series and get all giddy and start talking about a sweep. You get between the lines and get it done. This team could learn alot by watching the Twins execute. They got schooled these last few days.

KW?? Kenny showed me some COJONES FOR going for it. and yes on a limited Budget that Cheapo provides. Early is Bulls***. The team was there and choked Manuel SUCKS. iF IT WAS UP TO KENNY Manuel would have been s***canned already. So it ain't kenny's fault.

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh please, how was he supposed to know that Koch and Ritchie would turn into such busts? Really now, i mean the two guys were two of the best in their respective leaguse at what they were doing.  He can't forsee into the future and know what's going to happen.

It's not just Botch and Toad dude. KW is a s*** GM and will always be a s*** GM. Don't let the occasional "smoke screens" fool you.

:fyou KW!

I agree KW is learning on the job.  It hurt us for a while but his moves have been pretty ballsy lately.  Maybe he should just GM/manage.  No wait never mind.

:nono :nono :nono :nono :nono

KW is part of a trifecta of White Sox problems. Until the trifecta is broken, the White Sox are doomed to mediocrity.

JR selling or KW/JM resigning/being fired would be a good start for this offseason.

I'm wondering if other Sox fans think Jerry is part to blame for things like the West Coast Curse, our s***ty Road Record, and sucking against Detroit, Cleveland or Tampa Bay? I mean I know the players are the ones hitting but there comes a point when enough is enough with these things every year.

I'm wondering if other Sox fans think Jerry is part to blame for things like the West Coast Curse, our s***ty Road Record, and sucking against Detroit, Cleveland or Tampa Bay?  I mean I know the players are the ones hitting but there comes a point when enough is enough with these things every year.

I blame the Trifecta for convenience. After all, they are the ones that supply us with new/old corpses every year :lol: .

Guest hotsoxchick1
I blame the Trifecta for convenience. After all, they are the ones that supply us with new/old corpses every year  :lol: .

maybe george romero should be managing ... at least he got the corpses to walk around a bit ........ ;)

I'm wondering if other Sox fans think Jerry is part to blame for things like the West Coast Curse, our s***ty Road Record, and sucking against Detroit, Cleveland or Tampa Bay?  I mean I know the players are the ones hitting but there comes a point when enough is enough with these things every year.

PART to blame?

Was Custer part to blame at Little Big Horn?

You know something happened between KW and Eddie Einhorn earlier in the season. While what was reported here alledgedly did not happen, maybe it actually did, and maybe KW may not have been making the decisions after all. Phil Rogers column yesterday hinted KW may call it quits, which would definitely be in line with what NCORG and HSC have been saying all along.

You know something happened between KW and Eddie Einhorn earlier in the season. While what was reported here alledgedly did not happen, KW may not have been making the decisions after all. Phil Rogers column yesterday hinted KW may call it quits, which would definitely be in line with what NCORG and HSC have been saying all along.

What was reported here did happen, and there's no way of proving that to the doubters. Something else happened just last week between the two again, that's why the 'leak' to Rogers. During the Boston series the camera showed KW and Hahn sitting in the stands several times, different games, and not looking happy while the Sox were winning. They were not in the exec suites for a reason. While I was led to believe the change would be made official before the break, it was as much wishful thinking on my part as the part of the ones I talk with. If it happened was not the question, the 'when' is the part that others decide.

The White Sox organization is, and has been for a couple of years now, closed to the media. ANYTHING that gets out is with approval first, or there is hell to pay. Trust me on that. Obviously I don't take hell well, but prefer to give it. Little can be done to me, but shutting off the info is effective. The media twisting of the truth has the Sox from the top on down leery of trusting anyone with a pen or recorder in hand. The SCORE and 'KotexBoy' Marriotti are ignored when in house, literally have people turn their backs to them. KB sends people to get stories for him because he can't get the right time of day from a Sox executive. If you hear or read 'news' from either source, it's either 2nd hand or fabricated, as the SCORE does all the time. At one point two years ago both HSC and I discovered a column by KB that was stolen from a post on the MLB site. That's his 'source' for inside news.

Believe or don't, it doesn't matter, and think whatever you wish about me, odds are you'd be pretty close to the truth. But when HSC tells you something 'inside', she's already checked it out before she tells you in every way possible. Some things can't be said, but the message is there. And she tells you all here because she cares about true Sox fans, and wants true Sox fans to know what they are cheering for. Anyone is entitled to question anything she, or anyone says. However, there is no need. You have a pipeline. A very accurrate one.

What was reported here did happen, and there's no way of proving that to the doubters. Something else happened just last week between the two again, that's why the 'leak' to Rogers. During the Boston series the camera showed KW and Hahn sitting in the stands several times, different games, and not looking happy while the Sox were winning. They were not in the exec suites for a reason. While I was led to believe the change would be made official before the break, it was as much wishful thinking on my part as the part of the ones I talk with. If it happened was not the question, the 'when' is the part that others decide.

The White Sox organization is, and has been for a couple of years now, closed to the media. ANYTHING that gets out is with approval first, or there is hell to pay. Trust me on that. Obviously I don't take hell well, but prefer to give it. Little can be done to me, but shutting off the info is effective. The media twisting of the truth has the Sox from the top on down leery of trusting anyone with a pen or recorder in hand. The SCORE and 'KotexBoy' Marriotti are ignored when in house, literally have people turn their backs to them. KB sends people to get stories for him because he can't get the right time of day from a Sox executive. If you hear or read 'news' from either source, it's either 2nd hand or fabricated, as the SCORE does all the time. At one point two years ago both HSC and I discovered a column by KB that was stolen from a post on the MLB site. That's his 'source' for inside news.

Believe or don't, it doesn't matter, and think whatever you wish about me, odds are you'd be pretty close to the truth. But when HSC tells you something 'inside', she's already checked it out before she tells you in every way possible. Some things can't be said, but the message is there. And she tells you all here because she cares about true Sox fans, and wants true Sox fans to know what they are cheering for. Anyone is entitled to question anything she, or anyone says. However, there is no need. You have a pipeline. A very accurrate one.

I think he was defending you.

I have believed all along that what was reported here by you, HSC, and Steff, happened. I thought KW may have be given some sort of reprieve, because, you have to admit, how this was handled, is beyond bizaar. I would always see him up in JR's box, not exactly a place you would expect to find a guy who had been let go or reassigned. His dealings with the media actually increased. Hawk, who I'm sure knows what's going on, kept praising the job he was doing. Of course, this may have been a smokescreen, used to hide what was really going on. I do know that what happen after that incident was far different from what had been going on the past several years. The White Sox management finally became aggressive. Hopefully this can continue, but its going to have to with a new cast of characters.