Bye Jerry Manuel

DonkeyKongerko

Those are harsh words there...

... and very undeserved when used against Mr. Backman.

CW you like Backman , I do not , you got your opinion on him so do I.

you miss the point

it is not about opinion

it is use of the word "s***ty" to describe someone who has been a very successful minor league manager

tell me exactly why he is "s***ty"

to say you don't think that he is the person for the job is one thing and that is an opinion, right or wrong, it is legitimate

to use words like "s***ty" to describe makes it something different and that is the point

If you used the word "s***ty" to describe Manuel's record, that is also not the point because there is a track record there and whether I agree or not it is fair use

but what has wally backman ever done to deserve such harsh language, that is the point

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hotsoxchick1

and i can respect that......your opinion....if not wally who then??? you know jr aint gonna cough up alot of cash when he has to pay out jm's remainder contract for next year......so who takes the spot???? remember think cheap ........ ;)

:o HSC is flirting. She never told me she respected MY opinion when we would debate......... :angry: :dips***

not at all... lol... i have the upmost respect for your opinion too as well as everyone elses... doesnt mean i agree with them or think they are right (because we all know im right all the time lol) but i do respect everyones opinions just the same.......even yours bmr hon...... ;)

you miss the point

it is not about opinion

it is use of the word "s***ty" to describe someone who has been a very successful minor league manager

to say you don't think that he is the person for the job is one thing and that is an opinion, right or wrong, it is legitimate

to use words like "s***ty" to describe makes it something different and that is the point

If you used the word "s***ty" to describe Manuel's record, that is also not the point because there is a track record there and whether I agree or not it is fair use

but what has wally backman ever done to deserve such harsh language, that is the point

Sorry bro, a manager with a above average record, with way above average talent, does not equal a good track record. I believe you or i could manage the sox to the same record or better that Jm accomplished.

and i can respect that......your opinion....if not wally who then??? you know jr aint gonna cough up alot of cash when he has to pay out jm's remainder contract for next year......so who takes the spot???? remember think cheap ........ ;)

:o HSC is flirting. She never told me she respected MY opinion when we would debate......... :angry: :dips***

not at all... lol... i have the upmost respect for your opinion too as well as everyone elses... doesnt mean i agree with them or think they are right (because we all know im right all the time lol) but i do respect everyones opinions just the same.......even yours bmr hon...... ;)

:finger

damn no one liked my george romero reference.... hell this morning after being out all nite i thought it was freakin funny........ :huh:  go figure..... :lol:

on another note alot of things from what i hear are going to be shaken up a bit........we may have a new look next year all around..... ;)

Who is George Romero? If you heard that they are building a statue in front of the park, that is BS, there is already one in the oversized batters box whenever there is a man on first and less than 2 outs.

What is shakin? Any reason for them to keep my money as a deposit? I told the ticket guy that if Colon doesn't come back, seats will not be hard to come by and my season tickets will go the way of out pennant hopes, out the window. He chuckled and agreed.

lol fan of mine.. i figured the zombies pic that was posted with the original comment would tip ya off.. have you ever heard of night of the living dead???? hes the guy who made the movie happen........sorry sometimes i foreget how young most of you guys are lol........lol no statues.. and is your window open??? now would be a good time to use it...... ;)

You made a $10 referance to a $3.00 crowd it seems -

I can't believe anyone hadn't heard of George Romano - and you even gave a picture clue!

:lol:

no respect at all for the classics

Kids - what's the matter with kids today...

(think anyone will get that referance? :huh: ) :lol: :lol:

I got the Romero reference and thought it was hysterical. If I had thought it would be missed by so many, I'd have posted my kudos to you.

I got the "Kids" reference too. Why can't they be like we were, perfect in every way?

Just the advantage of age.

Oh, and bye bye Jerry.

damn no one liked my george romero reference.... hell this morning after being out all nite i thought it was freakin funny........ :huh:  go figure..... :lol:

on another note alot of things from what i hear are going to be shaken up a bit........we may have a new look next year all around..... ;)

Who is George Romero? If you heard that they are building a statue in front of the park, that is BS, there is already one in the oversized batters box whenever there is a man on first and less than 2 outs.

What is shakin? Any reason for them to keep my money as a deposit? I told the ticket guy that if Colon doesn't come back, seats will not be hard to come by and my season tickets will go the way of out pennant hopes, out the window. He chuckled and agreed.

lol fan of mine.. i figured the zombies pic that was posted with the original comment would tip ya off.. have you ever heard of night of the living dead???? hes the guy who made the movie happen........sorry sometimes i foreget how young most of you guys are lol........lol no statues.. and is your window open??? now would be a good time to use it...... ;)

I can't believe anyone hadn't heard of George Romano - and you even gave a picture clue!

I got the Romero reference and thought it was hysterical. If I had thought it would be missed by so many, I'd have posted my kudos to you.

I got the "Kids" reference too. Why can't they be like we were, perfect in every way?

Oh, and bye bye Jerry.

anyone old enough to be Al Lopez' ghost should get those referances! :lol:

oif course, I am old enough to make them! :lol:

but HSC is not old enough, she is just very smart! ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1

Oh, and bye bye Jerry.

anyone old enough to be Al Lopez' ghost should get those referances! :lol:

oif course, I am old enough to make them! :lol:

but HSC is not old enough, she is just very smart! ;)

lol i got the kids reference....my age shows once in a while... i remember the good ol days........well not all of them but im at least smart enough to pay attention while they are talked about ...... :D

Guest hotsoxchick1
I'm glad someone in these thread of Mensa members figured out how to spell reference :D

hey now........ my speeling errors are p art of my charm.......i don t use the speeel chec becuse it takes away fun of yu tryin to figr out what im sayn...... :D

you miss the point

it is not about opinion

Point is CW , he is s***ty, f*** Mr. Southern League

Guest hotsoxchick1

you miss the point

it is not about opinion

and again i ask why do you think this.. i want your opinion ... maybe you know something about the man i dont...just lookin for other options here.......thanks.....

Don't anyone take this the wrong way, but Selig and MLB will expect the Sox to look at minorities in their hiring decision for a manager, if in fact Jerrmy Manuel is gone. Who might be out there with either experience as a manager or as a big league coach? Willie Randolph maybe. How about Hank Aaron? Let's think big and wild here. I personally like Jim Leyland though. The issue remains though and that's will Reinsdorf drop Manuel. It might not happen, but the onus might be put on the players and a shake up done there. Kenny Williams would love being able to do a lot of wheeling and dealing I bet with and for established players.

you miss the point

it is not about opinion

and again i ask why do you think this.. i want your opinion ... maybe you know something about the man i dont...just lookin for other options here.......thanks.....

Because it is easy to say he is "s***ty". It takes research, knowledge, rational, and work to be able to say why.

Guest hotsoxchick1

you miss the point

it is not about opinion

Because it is easy to say he is "s***ty". It takes research, knowledge, rational, and work to be able to say why.

;) thats what i thought thats why i kept on asking....... :D of course if there was a personal experience he had with the guy i was wondering what it was.....we all share here dont we????

you miss the point

it is not about opinion

;) thats what i thought thats why i kept on asking....... :D of course if there was a personal experience he had with the guy i was wondering what it was.....we all share here dont we????

Yeah, notice who never came back to explain anything... ;)

Everyone's got to start somewhere. Backman would be a great choice.

I'm sick and tired of managers with zero MLB managing experience starting their tenure on the SouthSide. Look what Dusty Baker has done for a gaggle of losers and washed-ups..... the majority of whom lost 90+ games last season..... in one season.

If the Yanks fire Torre (the rumor if NYY doesn't win the WS) we better be first in f***ing line to hire him.

you miss the point

it is not about opinion

I can care less about SoxFest's opinion. I just love when he brings the hate :headbang . You may think Backman is a good choice but SoxFest doesn't. So be it. It's not like the White Sox have resounding success when they hire a manager with absolutely zero MLB managing experience.

I'm sick and tired of managers with zero MLB managing experience starting their tenure on the SouthSide. Look what Dusty Baker has done for a gaggle of losers and washed-ups..... the majority of whom lost 90+ games last season..... in one season.

If the Yanks fire Torre (the rumor if NYY doesn't win the WS) we better be first in f***ing line to hire him.

If Joe Torre isn't managing the Yankees, he won't be managing. You can book that. And remember what Torre did with teams without a $150 million payroll, it wasn't pretty. He is a perfect manager for the Yankees, for the White Sox, I think it would be a different story.

before he got to the Yankees, his career record was 107 games below .500

That's not too good :bang .

But my original thought was that I don't think Torre would, for instance, move MB back a day and throw a AA pitcher at the NYY in August simply because the series was already won.

Or tinker with the line-up day-to-day in the first half of the season.

And I think Torre would have a better clue about how to effectively use his BP.

And I think Torre would attempt to instill in the White Sox fundamental baseball.

Please realize also, that I am just using Torre as an example. I am of the opinion that, if the Sox Organization is as serious about winning a WS as it said it was in July, then we'd go out and get a WS caliber manager. Not a Southern League Championship caliber manager. But, when we go the cheap route (I know we will), then the fact that some Sox players don't want an in-your-face manager is enough for me to put Backman high-up on the list of managers that would make the majority of MLB fans go :huh:

Guest hotsoxchick1
That's not too good  :bang .

But my original thought was that I don't think Torre would, for instance, move MB back a day and throw a AA pitcher at the NYY in August simply because the series was already won.

And I think Torre would attempt to instill in the White Sox fundamental baseball.

Please realize also, that I am just using Torre as an example. I am of the opinion that, if the Sox Organization is as serious about winning a WS as it said it was in July, then we'd go out and get a WS caliber manager. Not a Southern League Championship caliber manager. But, when we go the cheap route (I know we will), then the fact that some Sox players don't want an in-your-face manager is enough for me to put Backman high-up on the list of managers that would make the majority of MLB fans go  :huh:

to sum it all up its the tinker vs the thinker............ :D dont worry killa torre would be too much for jr to afford... ;) backman would do just fine here.... at least he will command more out of the guys than jm does.......

That's not too good  :bang .

Please realize also, that I am just using Torre as an example. I am of the opinion that, if the Sox Organization is as serious about winning a WS as it said it was in July, then we'd go out and get a WS caliber manager. Not a Southern League Championship caliber manager. But, when we go the cheap route (I know we will), then the fact that some Sox players don't want an in-your-face manager is enough for me to put Backman high-up on the list of managers that would make the majority of MLB fans go  :huh:

I can't argue with you about your points. I would say this, I don't think Backman would do half the BS JM does. I think he's earned a shot. I'm someone who also is sick of the White Sox being the training ground for managers and GMs, but everyone has to start somewhere. I'd love to get Leyland, I think you have a better chance of finding Fisk and JR sharing a cabin on a gay cruise than that happening. Tom Kelly would be interesting, he is nowhere near as old as he looks. I just think Backman is different from LaMont, who btw I liked, Bevington, and JM in that he has significant managerial experience, albeit in AA. He has been successful, and knows the organization well. We need a guy who the players know will not tolerate getting thrown out at 3rd with less than 2 out, not advancing baserunners, throwing to the wrong base, not running out ground balls, which almost to a man the White Sox don't do. You want smallball? Wally knows smallball.

Guest hotsoxchick1
I'm someone who also is sick of the White Sox being the training ground for managers and GMs, but everyone has to start somewhere

were also the farm team for mlb so its only fitting we train the gm and managers too huh...... ;)