Bye Jerry Manuel

DonkeyKongerko

Oh please, how was he supposed to know that Koch and Ritchie would turn into such busts? Really now, i mean the two guys were two of the best in their respective leaguse at what they were doing.  He can't forsee into the future and know what's going to happen.

Todd Ritchie one of the best? Sorry I must have been sleeping when he got his Cy Young. Foulke consistently pitched better than Koch throughout his career. Many Oakland fans warned that the Sox had traded for a pig in a poke. Both of those were horrible deals, no other way to look at it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What incident is being refered to? Would someone be kind enough to provide a link to the original post? Thanks.

HSC posted around the All-Star break that KW was going to step down as GM. This coincided with the active return Eddie Einhorn. Her information has been right on..... she even told us about the Botch/Foulke trade a few days before it happened.

I know a few people on these boards and their "backgrounds", so to speak. And I trust what HSC and Ncorg say, for example, as gospel.

Needless to say, even though she was right on about Botch/Foulke, when the KW situation didn't happen the way she said it would, she was flamed by most on here. She'll probably never post anything "insider" here again..... rather, she'll just tell the 3 or 4 people here that she knows what she has heard and the rest will take it's course.

Hardly anyone gave her props for Botch/Foulke but plenty gave her s*** on the KW thing.

HSC posted around the All-Star break that KW was going to step down as GM. This coincided with the active return Eddie Einhorn. Her information has been right on..... she even told us about the Botch/Foulke trade a few days before it happened.

I know a few people on these boards and their "backgrounds", so to speak. And I trust what HSC and Ncorg say, for example, as gospel.

Needless to say, even though she was right on about Botch/Foulke, when the KW situation didn't happen the way she said it would, she was flamed by most on here. She'll probably never post anything "insider" here again..... rather, she'll just tell the 3 or 4 people here that she knows what she has heard and the rest will take it's course.

Hardly anyone gave her props for Botch/Foulke but plenty gave her s*** on the KW thing.

linky

Thanks for the info.

Guest hotsoxchick1

damn no one liked my george romero reference.... hell this morning after being out all nite i thought it was freakin funny........ :huh: go figure..... :lol:

on another note alot of things from what i hear are going to be shaken up a bit........we may have a new look next year all around..... ;)

damn no one liked my george romero reference.... hell this morning after being out all nite i thought it was freakin funny........ :huh:  go figure..... :lol:

on another note alot of things from what i hear are going to be shaken up a bit........we may have a new look next year all around..... ;)

Who is George Romero? If you heard that they are building a statue in front of the park, that is BS, there is already one in the oversized batters box whenever there is a man on first and less than 2 outs.

What is shakin? Any reason for them to keep my money as a deposit? I told the ticket guy that if Colon doesn't come back, seats will not be hard to come by and my season tickets will go the way of out pennant hopes, out the window. He chuckled and agreed.

Guest hotsoxchick1
damn no one liked my george romero reference.... hell this morning after being out all nite i thought it was freakin funny........ :huh:  go figure..... :lol:

Who is George Romero? If you heard that they are building a statue in front of the park, that is BS, there is already one in the oversized batters box whenever there is a man on first and less than 2 outs.

What is shakin? Any reason for them to keep my money as a deposit? I told the ticket guy that if Colon doesn't come back, seats will not be hard to come by and my season tickets will go the way of out pennant hopes, out the window. He chuckled and agreed.

lol fan of mine.. i figured the zombies pic that was posted with the original comment would tip ya off.. have you ever heard of night of the living dead???? hes the guy who made the movie happen........sorry sometimes i foreget how young most of you guys are lol........lol no statues.. and is your window open??? now would be a good time to use it...... ;)

I heard the rumor that this was going to be Jerry's serverence package

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/textbooks...34&TXT=Y&itm=10

That or a copy of "Baseball for Dummies" written by Joe Morgan, as a parting gift.

lol what no steak knives????? i think those would be better serve in his case.. ;)

Maybe some Lee press on nails. What he really could use is some No Doz. That would be a very practical gift.

Guest hotsoxchick1

That or a copy of "Baseball for Dummies" written by Joe Morgan, as a parting gift.

lol what no steak knives????? i think those would be better serve in his case.. ;)

Maybe some Lee press on nails. What he really could use is some No Doz. That would be a very practical gift.

oh hell i guess you missed the connection with the steak knives huh..........im slippin here if i have to spell it out.....lol..... i figured with the way he f***ed up this mess this year he would just go slit his wrists and be done with it.......ok bad joke never mind........next.............. :ph34r:

oh hell i guess you missed the connection with the steak knives huh..........im slippin here if i have to spell it out.....lol..... i figured with the way he f***ed up this mess this year he would just go slit his wrists and be done with it.......ok bad joke never mind........next.............. :ph34r:

No, I got it. I just think he wants to get canned. He'll be much happier watching the paint dry in Sacramento.

We b****ed about Gene Lamont, we b****ed about Terry Bevington and now we b**** about Jerry Manuel.  It's what Sox fans do.  I guarantee the next guy they bring in, in the end, they'll be b****ing about him too.

I hate to say it, but that may friends is how you complete a sweep.  You don't win the first 2 games of a series and get all giddy and start talking about a sweep.  You get between the lines and get it done.  This team could learn alot by watching the Twins execute.  They got schooled these last few days.

If it is f***ups like B.Bell and W.Backman everyone will b****.........hire a real manager

lol fan of mine.. i figured the zombies pic that was posted with the original comment would tip ya off.. have you ever heard of night of the living dead???? hes the guy who made the movie happen........sorry sometimes i foreget how young most of you guys are lol........lol no statues.. and is your window open??? now would be a good time to use it...... ;)

You made a $10 referance to a $3.00 crowd it seems -

I can't believe anyone hadn't heard of George Romano - and you even gave a picture clue!

:lol:

no respect at all for the classics

Kids - what's the matter with kids today...

(think anyone will get that referance? :huh: ) :lol: :lol:

Guest hotsoxchick1
We b****ed about Gene Lamont, we b****ed about Terry Bevington and now we b**** about Jerry Manuel.  It's what Sox fans do.  I guarantee the next guy they bring in, in the end, they'll be b****ing about him too.

I hate to say it, but that may friends is how you complete a sweep.  You don't win the first 2 games of a series and get all giddy and start talking about a sweep.  You get between the lines and get it done.  This team could learn alot by watching the Twins execute.  They got schooled these last few days.

If it is f***ups like B.Bell and W.Backman everyone will b****.........hire a real manager

umm yeah takin a team which didnt do much in the past in the minors to the southern league championships your first round there is not much, is it these days????.......i think backman would be the perfect fit here.......

Guest hotsoxchick1
Southern league ..who cares it means nothing in MLB. Cheap and s***ty is WB

well when you hire someone you look at what they have done in the past... to me gettin a s***ty minor team (sorry rex.) to the championships is a pretty darn good thing.... dont ya think.. it at least says hes got some kind of skills to produce a winner....... ;)you have to look at it as a whole not just pieces.. hes fully capable of doing good and he will come cheaply enough that jr would give it the ok... you know damn right well were not gonna hire a lou or torre for high bucks.... ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1
Those are harsh words there...

... and very undeserved when used against Mr. Backman.

CW you like Backman , I do not , you got your opinion on him so do I.

and i can respect that......your opinion....if not wally who then??? you know jr aint gonna cough up alot of cash when he has to pay out jm's remainder contract for next year......so who takes the spot???? remember think cheap ........ ;)

Those are harsh words there...

... and very undeserved when used against Mr. Backman.

CW you like Backman , I do not , you got your opinion on him so do I.

and i can respect that......your opinion....if not wally who then??? you know jr aint gonna cough up alot of cash when he has to pay out jm's remainder contract for next year......so who takes the spot???? remember think cheap ........ ;)

:o HSC is flirting. She never told me she respected MY opinion when we would debate......... :angry: :dips***