5/6 - Twins @ White Sox Game Thread

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ May 6, 2016 -> 08:07 PM)
By almost any defensive metric you can come up with Eaton is having one of the greatest defensive seasons of all time.

The eye test is ok too

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ May 6, 2016 -> 08:07 PM)
By almost any defensive metric you can come up with Eaton is having one of the greatest defensive seasons of all time.

In all my years as a Sox fan I've never seen anything like it in the outfield. Closest might have been prime Mike Cameron. Not only is he making great plays, but like, the ball keeps finding for great plays. He's had a ton of chances and he's made almost every single one.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 6, 2016 -> 08:08 PM)
In all my years as a Sox fan I've never seen anything like it in the outfield. Closest might have been prime Mike Cameron. Not only is he making great plays, but like, the ball keeps finding for great plays. He's had a ton of chances and he's made almost every single one.

Even on a misread in Baltimore he still made a spectacular catch.

That's arguably two runs saved (by holding the runner to a single last inning) and then saving a double/triple just now...it's fun to watch great defense while other teams are making mistakes that lead to runs.

Fwiw, the highest number of games up in the standings were 6 games ahead for two days in early June.

After tonight, it should be 4 ahead of the Indians and 5 ahead of the Royals and Tigers.