Scott Carroll called up

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (bmags @ May 6, 2016 -> 01:46 PM)
Scott Carrol continues to be my favorite longman out of the pen. He is our best long man since Sean Lowe.

Best player.

-Carrol4Life

Woah. I'm a big Scott Carroll fan. But DJ Carrasco is legit the best long man I've seen.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 6, 2016 -> 01:52 PM)
Woah. I'm a big Scott Carroll fan. But DJ Carrasco is legit the best long man I've seen.

Seconded. Still can't believe they non-tendered him when it only would have cost them around $1 million to keep him.

At least Gonzales and Johnson showed something - good K numbers - may be something to work with. neither pitched the Sox out of the game (maybe it was lucky they didn't, but they didn't).

Carroll has an ERA in excess of 12 and a WHIP in excess of 3 in Charlotte. Ridiculous.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ May 6, 2016 -> 03:00 PM)
At least Gonzales and Johnson showed something - good K numbers - may be something to work with. neither pitched the Sox out of the game (maybe it was lucky they didn't, but they didn't).

Carroll has an ERA in excess of 12 and a WHIP in excess of 3 in Charlotte. Ridiculous.

Uh, this isn't for a rotation spot so I dont know why the comparison to Gonzalez and Johnson. This is for the bullpen. Caroll was a very effective longman last year for us. It's the right call.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 6, 2016 -> 08:05 PM)
Uh, this isn't for a rotation spot so I dont know why the comparison to Gonzalez and Johnson. This is for the bullpen. Caroll was a very effective longman last year for us. It's the right call.

Why would you say this isn't a spot for the rotation? We will need a fifth starter in 4 days. We have Kahnle up to fill in for the injured reliever Petricka. Carroll might helpin long releif but who pitches in 4 days? My guess is Carroll. Do you have other info?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 6, 2016 -> 09:49 PM)
Why would you say this isn't a spot for the rotation? We will need a fifth starter in 4 days. We have Kahnle up to fill in for the injured reliever Petricka. Carroll might helpin long releif but who pitches in 4 days? My guess is Carroll. Do you have other info?

He's pitching at the moment on ESPN and Kenny Williams is there. You do the math.