5/9 - White Sox @ Rangers Game Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Scoots @ May 9, 2016 -> 09:12 PM)
Well, bunting is not generally pretty dumb. It can actually be extremely effective, when executed well. It's just that generally most situations don't call for players to bunt. When you are talking about the White Sox, yes bunting is generally pretty dumb because most of them can't really bunt.

Giving up outs is almost never a good idea. I love when other teams bunt against the White Sox.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ May 9, 2016 -> 10:13 PM)
Bunting is giving away outs. You should never give away outs.

What are you kidding me? It's called sacrifice. Ever hear of a runner on 2nd with no one out and hitting a ball to the right side to advance the runner? How about a sacrifice fly? It's strategic and can be used very effectively in close games. Depends on the lineup, but it can and I believe should be utilized. Small ball.

Edited by Scoots

QUOTE (Scoots @ May 9, 2016 -> 09:14 PM)
What are you kidding me? It's called sacrifice. Ever hear of a runner on 2nd with no one out and hitting a ball to the right side to advance the runner? Are you just not baseball knowledgeable or what?

There really isn't a need for the last sentence.

QUOTE (Scoots @ May 9, 2016 -> 09:14 PM)
What are you kidding me? It's called sacrifice. Ever hear of a runner on 2nd with no one out and hitting a ball to the right side to advance the runner?

You should NEVER generate an out.

If Rollins would have bunted there, the inning is already over.