AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The big blow happened at 10:49 or 10:50 CST.

I'd just gotten so frustrated with Rollins, Robertson and Sands that I decided to go to lunch at KFC and follow the game on my mobile phone.

All I was thinking was...don't hit into a home to first double play...and then the little green dot on the screen kept carrying out to LF down the line and I saw the 8 spot come up on the board and knew that we'd finally crushed the spirit of the Rangers.

Hanging slider on the outside and low part of the plate.

The most excited I've been about White Sox baseball since the 2005/06 teams and 2008 before Quentin got hurt.

This team just has a resiliency that we haven't seen from past teams that would give up and get down on themselves after essentially two blown saves in a row, missed bunts/poor execution, terrible defense from Sands in LF and even a rare ball in RF on Odor's triple that Eaton got turned around on.

Some great at-bats by guys at the bottom of the order tonight.

Jackson's safety squeeze was a thing of beauty and made the Rangers look foolish.

Jennings somehow escaped that 1st and 3rd, one out situation with the play of the game...rare double play ball with the infield drawn in (especially on that rock hard Texas infield).

White Sox now 22-1 in starts by Sale/Quintana/Latos/Gonzalez.

Up 6 games on the Indians, 7 games on the Royals and 8 games on the Tigers.

Baseball is fun again.

The best part of the game is we learned that Jerry Sands doesn't belong on the roster, that Rollins needs to spend more time on the bench or at least be moved down in the order, that Robertson isn't quite "elite/elite" despite his peripherals and that Jennings can get out of a tough situation.

Also, more impressive work from Matt Albers. He's been unexpectedly great, like Putnam a couple of years ago...with the key difference being these games are all important ones.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ May 10, 2016 -> 12:18 AM)
I'm starting to sound like a broken record but Frazier is not a three true outcome guy, he doesn't strike out that much. He has a low average because he's hit so many pop ups, not because of strikeouts.

in spirit, if not letter :D

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (fathom @ May 10, 2016 -> 12:20 AM)
Already won 3-4 games due to his bat

right now the Sox are getting a very ideal mix of high ISO mixed with high walk rate (isoD) hitters. They are also mixing in their fair share of XBH. Yea they have some holes in the order, but they also have some guys taking walks and some guys hitting the ball hard more often than not. Melky, Lawrie and Avi have all had great starts. We are seeing a fair share of walks, base hits, and dingers. Also, the baserunning has been much improved overall. Some of it has to do with getting more athletic guys in the lineup.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

Can we change the Sox winner title to "Holding Out for A Hero" or something similar with "HERO" in the title?

How about "My Kind of Town" or a Sinatra theme?

Or "SUCK THIS, LAZ DIAZ!!!"

Also, Melky Cabrera, please don't get thrown out of a tight game like that again...left-handed bats are precious in our line-up, not to mention "average" or fairly competent defensive play in LF.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ May 9, 2016 -> 11:18 PM)
I'm starting to sound like a broken record but Frazier is not a three true outcome guy, he doesn't strike out that much. He has a low average because he's hit so many pop ups, not because of strikeouts.

He's a victim of rolling over on breaking balls and weak contact. There's a reason his BABIP is like .200.

Blow a two run lead in the 8th inning...doesn't matter.

Blow a one run lead in the 9th inning...doesn't matter.

This team apparently has "it"...whatever "it" is.

Jackson's safety squeeze was old school, loved it.

Jennings getting out of the spot, loved it.

Gonzales looked good, absolutely deserves another start.

Won't get swept in Texas, now win the series.

Mark

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 9, 2016 -> 11:25 PM)
I don't want to bring this thread down because this was a terrific win but the Jerry Sands situation does have to be talked about. No use for him on the roster right now.

If there's one thing Melky's ejection contributed to this team, it's that everyone now knows Sands is useless on this team. Come on FO, bring up Shuck!

Does Robertson earn two blown saves in this one? Kind of concerning to see his fastball topping out at 91....hope it's just fatigue.

Fantastic win. It wasn't always pretty but these guys came through once again. Really happy to see Gonzalez have a solid start....would be ideal for us to fill that hole in-house.

Avi still raking.

This team is on a mission.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ May 9, 2016 -> 11:26 PM)
Does Robertson earn two blown saves in this one? Kind of concerning to see his fastball topping out at 91....hope it's just fatigue.

Fantastic win. It wasn't always pretty but these guys came through once again. Really happy to see Gonzalez have a solid start....would be ideal for us to fill that hole in-house.

Avi still raking.

This team is on a mission.

He was throwing 94 yesterday. I just think there's days where he just does not have it. It's not a very desirable trait in your closer. That's been the case with him since he was on the Yankees. Remember when Adam Dunn took him yard 4 years ago?

I'm in galway ireland woke up at the top of the 8th got to see all the drama. Odor is a dirty f***ing player, in chicago he screened lawrie, pushed someones hand off the bag on a steal and now this, book it sox staff is putting one in his ribs before this series is over.

Edited by beautox

That's actually six consecutive victories against the Rangers...dating back to last year.

Btw, Rodon pitched very well against Texas last year, Derek Holland gave up 11 runs in his last start and Aroldis Chapman is back with the Yankees again...just in time for us to face them this weekend (actually, the Royals got him first.)

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 9, 2016 -> 11:36 PM)
Does this mean we're now stuck with the FlavaFraz nickname?

I guess that does set up a guest appearance for the real Flav at a White Sox game. Why not?

It's his twitter handle, you're going to have to deal with it.