AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ May 9, 2016 -> 10:26 PM)
Does Robertson earn two blown saves in this one? Kind of concerning to see his fastball topping out at 91....hope it's just fatigue.

Fantastic win. It wasn't always pretty but these guys came through once again. Really happy to see Gonzalez have a solid start....would be ideal for us to fill that hole in-house.

Avi still raking.

This team is on a mission.

Just one official blown save. He now has two, some would argue three and others would argue if not for poor White Sox defense behind him, he might just as easily have zero.

What a great victory. Nice!

Frazier 4-for-6 with 6 RBIs? You gotta be bleepin me. He's already produced more than Dunn and LaRoche. The signing is successful. Like somebody said a few games ago, he's a true "slugger." Love me some Frazier. And that pick at third he had on that blast to his right two games ago was remarkable it stuck in his glove.

Avi and Jackson 3 hits apiece? This team is off to such a good start. In past years I'd be "worried" about this team going on a 10-game losing streak and giving it right back. I don't feel it with this team (there's no such thing as a jinx folks, calm down). No matter what, it's been a remarkable start.

It's so cool to pile up all these wins and have the Royals lose so many games. The season is a marathon but obviously it's going to be strange when we first play the Royals. They are going to be trying to get that old swagger back and sweep us at home and on the road to make up 7 or 8 games right off the bat vs. us.

Like Hawk says, strap em up. It's gonna be quite a ride. Lotta ball to be played but I stand by my Sox-Cubs WS prediction.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 10, 2016 -> 05:44 AM)
6 games up on Cleveland, 7 on KC and 8 on DET

Woooo

It's crazy. Don't you agree in past years you might be worried we'd immediately lost 10 in a row and give it right back? I'll admit having the new blood on the team plus the maturation of Sale, Q and Eaton makes me feel confident.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 9, 2016 -> 11:44 PM)
6 games up on Cleveland, 7 on KC and 8 on DET

Woooo

Perfect day. It's hard to say the Sox are running away with the division when they have 55 games left with those teams. But if they can't go 67-62 to win 90 games, something terrible happened. This team is good.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 9, 2016 -> 11:45 PM)
It's crazy. Don't you agree in past years you might be worried we'd immediately lost 10 in a row and give it right back? I'll admit having the new blood on the team plus the maturation of Sale, Q and Eaton makes me feel confident.

Past seasons I was worried we would be down 6-8 games in May lol

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 9, 2016 -> 11:49 PM)
Avi's slash line: .273/.350/.477.

Please let this be the real Avi.

I'm still skeptical but if it is that really gives this group the little extra push to be the elite team in the AL imo. Man, I hope something clicked with him.

Edited by Rowand44

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/columnis...usmus/84143238/

Detroit writers calling for the dismantling of the Tigers and a start to the rebuilding process.

Would be glad to take Zimmerman, Victor or JD Martinez off their hands. Ian Kinsler would be in high demand as well.

That said, it's unlikely they'll ask for "fair/market" value even if Illitch decides to order Avila to do it.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 9, 2016 -> 11:25 PM)
I don't want to bring this thread down because this was a terrific win but the Jerry Sands situation does have to be talked about. No use for him on the roster right now.

Yep. The reason for this team being so much better is there are few "White Sox" on the roster.

Cynicism is a tough bi**h to kill. All I am thinking about before the series is that I just hope they don't get swept. I have thought that before the Toronto series and the series in Minnesota. Even with all the reasons for optimism with this team I keep finding myself falling back on pessimism. I feel however a shift happening and after watching the 2 blown leads last night I found myself thinking "they still got this", and they proved me right. This team is changing me from a glass half empty guy to a glass half full guy and I love it!

GO SOX!!

C'mon now, I'm 46 and I heard about that Frazier/Ali showdown SO MANY times...and I didn't even really follow boxing at that age, just noticed the stories in the Sports Illustrated that my parents got me a subscription to.

Sure you heard about it, but you were 3 when it happened.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 10, 2016 -> 08:07 AM)
Ironically, a lot of people gave up on a game and left USCF nearly two decades ago against these same Texas Rangers that Robin Ventura won with a grand slam.

That's not really ironic, lol. That's just a similar occurrence from a game that happened a long time ago and Ventura happens to be the manager.