5/10 - White Sox @ Rangers Game Thread

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (reiks12 @ May 10, 2016 -> 11:55 PM)
Here come the "why are you upset at this game? we are in first place" comments

yes this game was frustrating, let me stew in it

Hopefully Latos can be Late-os and pitch 7 or 8 innings tomorrow.

I think most of the comments aren't about being upset about this game so much as "this team is garbage and won't do anything" comments.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 10, 2016 -> 11:56 PM)
Carroll reminds me of Humber. Didn't he have 9 lives with the organization as well? Release him and maybe KC will pick him up and we still have to play KC 19 times.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I was about to post basically the same exact comment, however, I could not remember "Humber's" name.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 10, 2016 -> 11:57 PM)
I think most of the comments aren't about being upset about this game so much as "this team is garbage and won't do anything" comments.

Alright I agree with that, those posts are annoying

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 11, 2016 -> 05:57 AM)
Bullpen and Albers especially were due for regression. Unfortunately it happened in the span of one f***ing inning.

Just like last night, the bullpen implosion wouldn't have been bad if the defense just made a play that was tough but should be made most of the time. Also I really hate Ian Desmond.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 10, 2016 -> 11:58 PM)
Just like last night, the bullpen implosion wouldn't have been bad if the defense just made a play that was tough but should be made most of the time. Also I really hate Ian Desmond.

Frazier almost had Holaday's double. Jackson probably should have caught Desmond's fly ball. Ugh.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 11, 2016 -> 05:01 AM)
The other thing that killed them was Carroll struck Andrus out but the umpire didn't give him the call.

Got to two strikes on 5 of the 7 batters that scored that inning

I just hate to give away a game. I firmly believe if Carroll is in the minor leagues where he belongs the odds are we can get the final six outs without giving up five or more runs.

We've avoided the clown-like losses so far this season. Somehow just have to forget this one. But the picture of Coop in the dugout in the latter innings said it all. Coop looked fricking pissed at such an inept bullpen performance.

First time this year the Sox lost when taking a lead in the 7th inning or later.

They did it in spectacular fashion.

Just a brutal loss...really, really bad.

We'll see how they react to it with not a lot of time before an afternoon game.

They really need a good performance from Latos Wednesday.

Still can't fathom this one...absolutely incredible.

Rodon is REALLY beginning to worry me.

Mark

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 10, 2016 -> 11:48 PM)
If you think after this display this team is going to win anything this year you're out of your mind. Everyone in the pen is overrated, half the rotation is overrated... the pendulum swings back starting tonight and its gonna be f***ing brutal. It was a fun first 40 days, but the party ends now.

This post is embarrassing. And the thing is you say this type of s*** all the time, at the slightest hint of adversity. Get a grip.

I'm so pissed my girlfriend wont get laid when she comes in from her girls night out. I'm not mad that we lost a game I am mad that we blew two large leads for no reason. No reason we shouldn't have closed this one out. We will still be fine but like I said before we better fix our back end of the rotation issues quick.

QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ May 11, 2016 -> 12:16 AM)
I'm so pissed my girlfriend wont get laid when she comes in from her girls night out. I'm not mad that we lost a game I am mad that we blew two large leads for no reason. No reason we shouldn't have closed this one out. We will still be fine but like I said before we better fix our back end of the rotation issues quick.

Lol man you have some serious issues then.

QUOTE (shysocks @ May 11, 2016 -> 12:10 AM)
This post is embarrassing. And the thing is you say this type of s*** all the time, at the slightest hint of adversity. Get a grip.

I honestly think these kind of posters need to be removed from the forum

Just some more thoughts on the abortion tonight. Still so pissed off I'm shaking.

Now we'll see if the bubble bursts.

Ventura lost this game, flat out lost it with his bullpen usage.

Here's the way I look at it. I know Robertson pitched Sunday and Monday. I know Jones has pitched a lot but WITH AN OFF DAY THURSDAY and having to face Cole Hamels in an afternoon game after an extra inning game on Monday and after a long game Tuesday because of the delay you do EVERYTHING YOU HAVE TO DO TO WIN THE GAME and take the series. Period.

You can not lose this game and the Sox did it in spectacular fashion.

Letting Carroll go back out there, a guy who has no business being in the major leagues also didn't help matters.

Just a devastating loss. I'm speechless right now.

They REALLY need Latos to pitch well Wednesday, have got to have it...and it may not matter even if he does, Hamels has won 11 consecutive decisions, one off the Rangers record.

Mark

I am with Lip Man1 on this Rodon has just not shown consistent control or pitch ection. I still think he is trying to finese around the zone. At times he looks good and then implodes. But. I think Latos may be slippiing too. Two less than stellar games in a row. But, he has pulled them off for the most part. Be most reassuring if he pitches good tomorrow

But the bullpen use wasn't the problem. It was their failure to execute plus some bad ump calls. You can't use Jones and Robertson every night. We are solidly entrenched in first place and tomorrow us another game

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ May 11, 2016 -> 12:30 AM)
Just some more thoughts on the abortion tonight. Still so pissed off I'm shaking.

Now we'll see if the bubble bursts.

Ventura lost this game, flat out lost it with his bullpen usage.

Here's the way I look at it. I know Robertson pitched Sunday and Monday. I know Jones has pitched a lot but WITH AN OFF DAY THURSDAY and having to face Cole Hamels in an afternoon game after an extra inning game on Monday and after a long game Tuesday because of the delay you do EVERYTHING YOU HAVE TO DO TO WIN THE GAME and take the series. Period.

You can not lose this game and the Sox did it in spectacular fashion.

Letting Carroll go back out there, a guy who has no business being in the major leagues also didn't help matters.

Just a devastating loss. I'm speechless right now.

They REALLY need Latos to pitch well Wednesday, have got to have it...and it may not matter even if he does, Hamels has won 11 consecutive decisions, one off the Rangers record.

Mark

Well said, although I don't see tomorrow as being a "must win". We aren't favored to take it.

I agree with your bullpen usage assessment however, that wasn't well managed at all.