GDT 5/13 Sox (23-12) vs. Yanks (14-19) at 6:05 CT

The Sir

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ May 13, 2016 -> 07:15 PM)
After the draft because I think he has a QO attached to him, I would like the Sox to sign Greg Holland. I know that he is out for the entirety of this season but he would be a huge addition to the Sox pen next year.

He was non tendered. No QO.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ May 13, 2016 -> 07:19 PM)
So he'll be 31 next season. It's ok as a flyer but I just don't know how much he has left. KC got their money's worth and now he's a 30 year old closer coming off TJ.

TJ is not the death sentence that it used to be, it might have added some life to his arm.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ May 13, 2016 -> 07:22 PM)
Even better, I hope they sign him because it could be a great bargain buy

I'm surprised the Royals didn't even try to sign him. Or any other team for that matter.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ May 13, 2016 -> 07:15 PM)
After the draft because I think he has a QO attached to him, I would like the Sox to sign Greg Holland. I know that he is out for the entirety of this season but he would be a huge addition to the Sox pen next year.

If he was offered a QO knowing he wouldn't throw a single pitch this year and rejected it, he'd be dumb ha

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ May 13, 2016 -> 06:21 PM)
TJ is not the death sentence that it used to be, it might have added some life to his arm.

I know that. I haven't payed attention to older players who get it and how they bounce back. I'll have to look that up.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 13, 2016 -> 07:23 PM)
If he was offered a QO knowing he wouldn't throw a single pitch this year and rejected it, he'd be dumb ha

Strasburg did just accept a huge discount a year away from free agency. So yeah, dumb things happen all the time.

My Rangers fan wife just saw Mark Teixeira and asked if the Yankees were the retirement home of MLB.

I told her that, between Tex, Beltran, CC and ARod, they are. Even McCann could probably fit in this category.

I like having one old vet like Rollins on the team, but I have no idea how anyone can get excited about a roster with six of them.

QUOTE (MDWhiteSoxFan @ May 13, 2016 -> 07:38 PM)
Did Hawk just make fun of Avi's looks?

Also he looked like vintage Avi that AB. First pitch swinging

I think he was talking about self confidence as a hitter, not his looks.