5/17 - Astros @ White Sox Game Thread

Zach Duke was the biggest "sucker play" in a long time...putting up all those stats in the NL Central for a team playing meaningless baseball in 2014. Doesn't matter about arm angles or whatever when you're throwing mid to high 80's.

We should have learned when the White Sox absolutely obliterated him as a rookie starter with the Pirates.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ May 17, 2016 -> 09:50 PM)
Thank Jesus that we have both of the no-hit, talentless utility players in. I'm sure they'll tee right up on Harris and Gregerson.

You mean that one that got an RBI double in the 5th? Yep, he never gets a hit

All I want to know is how did a team with this much talent lose 24 games already???

I know, starting pitching and the bullpen...but at worst they should be around .500 imo.

Harris has a 0.51 ERA, RHB hitting .133 against him with 9 k's in 31 BF. YIKES.

WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE A LEFT-HANDED BAT TO COME OFF THE BENCH FOR THESE SITUATION....JUST MAYBE???

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 17, 2016 -> 09:54 PM)
I think they were the part of this team that couldn't sustain such great numbers

Yeah, but I didn't think they'd collapse this badly.

The bullpen has been pitching like they're still shell-shocked or have PTSD from last week's implosion/s.

Somehow, they have to get their confidence back. Sale can't pitch over them forever.

Royals adding insurance runs against the Red Sox, now up 7-4.

Indians and Tigers won already.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 18, 2016 -> 02:59 AM)
The bullpen has been pitching like they're still shell-shocked or have PTSD from last week's implosion/s.

Somehow, they have to get their confidence back. Sale can't pitch over them forever.

Last Tuesday's game will haunt me for a long time if this season goes south