5/17 - Astros @ White Sox Game Thread

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what you want a lefty reliever to do, throw slop past the lefty hitter.

That was a BAD loss as it turned out. We're starting to drop games in bunches like the Royals were doing. Sucks.

QUOTE (SpankyEaton @ May 17, 2016 -> 11:06 PM)
I guess I don't remember this and remember it being a double play.

Rule 6.06© Comment: If the batter interferes with the catcher, the plate umpire shall call

“interference.” The batter is out and the ball dead. No player may advance on such interference

(offensive interference) and all runners must return to the last base that was, in the judgment of the

umpire, legally touched at the time of the interference.

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ May 18, 2016 -> 05:08 AM)
The way we are losing these games is sickening. Looks as if things are starting to even out a bit.

Really Albers has just completely collapsed the last week. Even the rest of the pen hasn't been awful. He's simply lost the Sox three games.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 17, 2016 -> 09:01 PM)
So you a criticizing not using a guy who hasn't had an off day all year and has the flu and a guy who is responsible for 2 of our 4 runs tonight?

Yes. Saladino's error was the difference. And I'm tired of accepting two generally useless guys who do more or less the same things, just because they do occasional good things.

At most, we need one of Saladino or Sanchez here. We do not need both.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2016 -> 05:06 AM)
Horrible lose. Umpiring and pitching a joke

Also some miserable individual at bats. Bullpen is a major concern suddenly except for closer. Albers was looking automatic until the last 3-4 appearances where he's blown chunks.

Now we need to get our starters to go 7 strong innings, and they go lefty, righty matchups in the eighth, paving the way for Robertson.

Sorry for the brainfart question about Hawk. It is such a weird decision to not do home games I was thinking for a moment there he didn't do ROAD games. The Royals legend Denny Matthews skips most road trips (not to bring the Royals into this).

p.s. If I were Robin I'd alert the media that we can't protest the game but MLB will be alerted to that play. It's like the game was fixed. The batter steps right in the way of the catcher and not one umpire rules him OUT????

Edited by greg775

Motion to ban Chisoxmike from starting game threads I feel like every time he does his negative energy has an effect on the team. I motion for Chisoxfan to start us on another winning streak tomorrow. 5 loses in the last 7 is beyond frustrating we need to get a grip and get off the snide. We have a big week after Houston leaves town, bows the time to play good ball.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ May 17, 2016 -> 11:10 PM)
Yes. Saladino's error was the difference. And I'm tired of accepting two generally useless guys who do more or less the same things, just because they do occasional good things.

At most, we need one of Saladino or Sanchez here. We do not need both.

Saladino had two RBIs tonight you pleb.

Be upset at the loss but don't blame Saladino or Sanchez who actually produced good ABs when it mattered.

Not the best way to start an important home stand is it?

Bullpen loses another game...team allows another unearned run (which turned out to be important).

Third one run loss in the past eight days.

You knew it was going to be tough enough without Frazier in the lineup. That didn't help matters.

1-5 now since the give away game in Texas.

This is not the same team since then....maybe one game can make that big of a difference. I've seen it happen before to the Sox.

Mark

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ May 17, 2016 -> 11:08 PM)
The way we are losing these games is sickening. Looks as if things are starting to even out a bit.

The mental weakness has returned and it's all in the pen. This is the part of the team where there was very little turnover. Maybe the only way to ever fix this team is not keep guys in a Sox uniform for very long.

The interference talk is aggravating. The runner goes back to first, Gattis homers, Sox lose.

Why can't we talk about roster dead weight, which is going to haunt us far longer than this one irrelevant call?

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 18, 2016 -> 04:13 AM)
Really wish Robin ran Sanchez in the 9th. I know he's pretty conservative manager with guys stealing, but Sanchez isn't exactly molasses on the base paths.

Avila's grounder an easy out then

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ May 18, 2016 -> 04:13 AM)
The interference talk is aggravating. The runner goes back to first, Gattis homers, Sox lose.

Why can't we talk about roster dead weight, which is going to haunt us far longer than this one irrelevant call?

Yep it's definitely masking the bigger issues. Team is just giving up too many two strike, two out runs. The Astros were clueless on offspeed pitches all night but they kept throwing fastballs ahead in the count.

Edited by fathom

Other than that horrible loss in Texas last Tuesday, and the bullpen being atrocious lately...I keep on thinking about the 2nd and 3rd with no outs on Sunday tied at 5 and not scoring...along with bases loaded one out tonight and not scoring. Not at least getting ONE across in those situations has really cost us as well.

And Abreu....where have you gone? The HR tonight was nice, but the slider, the slider...like a deer in the headlights.

Here is to hoping we right this ship.