5/21 // 1:10 PM // Royals @ White Sox // Game Thread

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 21, 2016 -> 07:59 PM)
The problem with the offense is a lack of power. They have been getting on base still at a reasonable clip but nobody is hitting any HR. That said, how many HR have that had that just missed, half a dozen so far?

Over last week, we've had:

- Eaton missed a walkoff homer by 5 feet

- Abreu robbed at the fence

- Melky hit the top of the fence

Then you have Lawrie looking like he blasted one that the wind knocked down (after carrying a weak fly ball to the track the previous inning)

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 21, 2016 -> 02:59 PM)
The problem with the offense is a lack of power. They have been getting on base still at a reasonable clip but nobody is hitting any HR. That said, how many HR have that had that just missed, half a dozen so far?

We have two of the top home run hitters the past two years in our line up but we could use a 20 home run guy

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 21, 2016 -> 01:57 PM)
The pitching finally stopped the bleeding and then the hitters went and died. It sucks, I wanted this be a fun year and instead the Sox are gonna collapse before they could even get started. Meanwhile TT and Semien haunt us.

Who would you be playing at 3rd base?

It's hard for me to buy that without Frazier and TT playing CF that our overall record would be any better...and probably a couple of games worse.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 21, 2016 -> 03:01 PM)

It's hard for me to buy that without Frazier and TT playing CF that our overall record would be any better...and probably a couple of games worse.

I think we could have traded someone else to get Frazier over then Thompson. Doesn't really matter though, it is a moot point now

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 21, 2016 -> 02:57 PM)
I would say the match-up with Rodon vs. all their LH hitters looks encouraging but it doesn't matter what things APPEAR to be on paper at this point in the slump...

Clearly, nobody's getting traded anytime soon. But they have to do SOMETHING to shake things up. What's crazy is Ventura has gone from surefire AL Manager of the Year to being a bit in the hot seat again with no contract for next season and Renteria's presence on the bench as manager in waiting.

Meanwhile, 8 K's for Gonzalez...who has solidified his hold on the 5th spot for now.

Erik Johnson vs. that red-hot Indians' line-up is a disaster waiting to happen. Seems Johnson can't catch a break with match-ups every time he's given an opportunity.

He won't last 5 innings

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 21, 2016 -> 02:00 PM)
We have two of the top home run hitters the past two years in our line up but we could use a 20 home run guy

That's why we gave that money to Cabrera...15-18 homers at least.

And Lawrie has that potential, but obviously hasn't sustained his early success. Won't get started on AVI and his 30 homer "potential/promise."

The problem is you can't RELY on anyone...we had a shot at a lot of guys like Trumbo, Pedro Alvarez, Chris Carter...that LaRoche thing really messed things up because it happened one month too late to react and bring in another hitter.

Edited by caulfield12

Didn't have to be Trayce dealt, but the Sox had to "sell high".... lol oops

Of course the impeccable conventional wisdom of Soxtalk agreed. At best a 4th OF.