5/21 // 1:10 PM // Royals @ White Sox // Game Thread

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ May 21, 2016 -> 08:06 PM)
Wouldn't shock me if the White Sox flounder this year.

If they completely go into the tank and Abreu looks like he's finished, blowing it all up shouldn't be out of the question. I definitely don't want to see this happen, it's much more fun when they're competitive.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 21, 2016 -> 02:04 PM)
Only if the rumors are for terrible pieces that the Boston media tries to push.

Unfortunately, too late to get Bradley or Betts.

You can't make someone like Eddie Rodriguez a centerpiece for the likes of Chris Sale. Or Swihart/Owens.

Cabrera probably should have been at 3rd base. It's the little things...although if he gets cut down there, it's even more demoralizing to the offense.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ May 21, 2016 -> 03:07 PM)
If they completely go into the tank and Abreu looks like he's finished, blowing it all up shouldn't be out of the question. I definitely don't want to see this happen, it's much more fun when they're competitive.

I was only half serious when I said but absolutely. If they just continue to play like s*** just trade them all. f*** it

Sale and Quintana alone would basically get the Sox whatever they want in return.

Cabrera probably should have been at 3rd base. It's the little things...although if he gets cut down there, it's even more demoralizing to the offense.

There are exceptions to the rule but no, this was not one of those times. He would have been a moron to go to to 3rd with two outs.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 21, 2016 -> 03:08 PM)
Just need one f***ing big hit to tie it up. OH LOOK WHO IS UP. You can't make this s*** up.

Not to mention he's always up when we have bases loaded.

His swing is pathetic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 21, 2016 -> 03:08 PM)
Unfortunately, too late to get Bradley or Betts.

You can't make someone like Eddie Rodriguez a centerpiece for the likes of Chris Sale. Or Swihart/Owens.

Bulls***. Sale is the best in the AL. They're gona have to give up one of them.

Yeah, Benitendi, Moncada, Rodriguez, Swihart and Owens/Rodriguez, lol.

Done.

And it STILL would probably end up being a bad trade...not being able to get Betts or Bradley, Jr.

The Boston Globe reported KC and the Tigers were all over Bradley but they refused to part with him, waiting for a rebound.

I would prefer for this to be a season where we finish in first place and do well in the playoffs but I can't help but think about the kind of talent we could get back in an overhaul. The floors of any Quintana and Sale deal would be the Hamels and Miller deals. But they of course should command more.