5/21 // 1:10 PM // Royals @ White Sox // Game Thread

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 21, 2016 -> 03:11 PM)
For Sale the Sox get to pick 5 or 6 names out of the Red Sox farm system. Maybe even more.

We can develop pitching, therefore, I want a young impact bat included in the package.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 21, 2016 -> 02:11 PM)
I would prefer for this to be a season where we finish in first place and do well in the playoffs but I can't help but think about the kind of talent we could get back in an overhaul. The floors of any Quintana and Sale deal would be the Hamels and Miller deals. But they of course should command more.

The biggest problem I have with not rebuilding is we're going to be doing it after 2017 anyway...there's an absolutely awful/horrific free agent class after this year, and we don't have any excess talent at the minor league level to make a significant acquisition.

The one thing you can't do is trade Anderson/Fulmer/Adams and end up with nothing to show for it in terms of a playoff appearance.

So Hahn's still stuck and has to watch the division lead evaporate because there won't be a trade market for another 2-3 weeks.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 21, 2016 -> 02:15 PM)
Then take all of their position prospects. I don't even know what Boston has but a 3rd team could always be brought in to sweeten the pot.

The problem is you'd have an awesome outfield with Bradley OR Betts and Eaton...but then not enough starting pitching because you just dealt Sale/Quintana and Rodon's having growing pains.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 21, 2016 -> 08:15 PM)
Then take all of their position prospects. I don't even know what Boston has but a 3rd team could always be brought in to sweeten the pot.

Boston has some awesome prospects/young MLB players

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 21, 2016 -> 03:18 PM)
The problem is you'd have an awesome outfield with Bradley OR Betts and Eaton...but then not enough starting pitching because you just dealt Sale/Quintana and Rodon's having growing pains.

That doesn't matter when you blow the team up. You're gona suck regardless.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 21, 2016 -> 02:18 PM)
Boston has some awesome prospects/young MLB players

Can't imagine Sale/Price in the same rotation...but I'm sure Dombrowski can.

Good job there by Navarro and Saladino to stay aware of the situation.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 21, 2016 -> 02:21 PM)
Saladino is so good with the glove

If he could just consistently put up a 650-675 OPS, 20 steals, 20 doubles, 10-12 homers...we'd really have something.

But you can say that about Avi and Lawrie and....the list goes on and on.

Actually, that's a line you're likely to get out of Tim Anderson (eventually). Maybe fewer homers in the beginning and more triples. (