5/21 // 1:10 PM // Royals @ White Sox // Game Thread

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 21, 2016 -> 10:04 PM)
Hahn deserves another year...?

He definitely doesn't deserve a shot at rebuilding this team if they don't make the playoffs in 2016/17.

Not for me. Still can't put together an offense and the farm system is very mediocre.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 21, 2016 -> 05:00 PM)
So Soria this year is getting crushed by righties (.840 OPS compared to .560 by lefties). Jimmy Rollins has an OPS below .500 vs RHP this year, and Avi is at .753 vs RHP. Letting Rollins PH for Sands there is a decision that makes no sense on any level.

Since I was feeling curious, I checked Rollins' career numbers against Soria. 1 for 1 with a 2B, probably not a major factor in the decision. Avi was 1 for 7 with a 2B and a K, again probably not something that stood out to the decisionmakers. With that said, Avi's numbers over the past week/2 weeks are not so good while Rollins's are...okay, a tick better than his season averages. With that said, Rollins's struggles against RHP vs LHP is not something that has been consistent over his career, so I'm not sure how much I would be thinking about it

QUOTE (fathom @ May 21, 2016 -> 03:06 PM)
Not for me. Still can't put together an offense and the farm system is very mediocre.

The Abreu deal no longer even looks like a sure thing (let's hope he is injured or something is physically bothering his swing in the lower body), and the promised Latin American talent infusion is still years away from paying off with any tangible results.

Haven't heard much about Marco Paddy recently, either.

His biggest accomplishment has been the three extensions for Q/Sale/Eaton.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 21, 2016 -> 10:09 PM)
Since I was feeling curious, I checked Rollins' career numbers against Soria. 1 for 1 with a 2B, probably not a major factor in the decision. Avi was 1 for 7 with a 2B and a K, again probably not something that stood out to the decisionmakers. With that said, Avi's numbers over the past week/2 weeks are not so good while Rollins's are...okay, a tick better than his season averages. With that said, Rollins's struggles against RHP vs LHP is not something that has been consistent over his career, so I'm not sure how much I would be thinking about it

Rollins was way, way better vs LHP last year also (.762 OPS vs .610 OPS)

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 21, 2016 -> 10:10 PM)
The Abreu deal no longer even looks like a sure thing (let's hope he is injured or something is physically bothering his swing in the lower body), and the promised Latin American talent infusion is still years away from paying off with any tangible results.

I'm sure they'll do a great job developing those offensive players :)

QUOTE (Jake @ May 21, 2016 -> 03:09 PM)

Even then, Sands has been hotter and much more likely to homer against Soria than Rollins...

Rollins would be the better bet to get a steal, but NOT against Salvy Perez.

Edited by caulfield12

Talk about going out with a whimper in this game after the bases-loaded fiasco...can they at least get a baserunner on?

Usually Davis puts a runner or two on, despite his 25/26 saves coming into the blown one against the Braves last Sunday.

This year...just three hits surrendered in his last 12 outings and simply hadn't been given enough opportunities to pitch.

White Sox with runners on base every inning in this game except for the 8th.

Eaton has a shot at least. Give 'em a thrill.

Edited by caulfield12