Some Sox players anti-Backman

Mr. Showtime

The fact that one Sox player was quoted as such about Backman puts Backman high up on my list of "cheap" managerial candidates. Whoever said this is probably the same type of guy that plays Playstation 2 in the clubhouse during BP and watches NFL games in September during a series that was a must win. 

Any White Sox player that would say this, I don't care who it is..... especially after White Sox fans were subjected to CorpseBall the last 3 games..... should be shipped the f*** out along with Manuel.

If you think it's someone who does those things.. then it definitely wasn't Frank. :rolleyes:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with articles like tbis is that you really don't know if anyone actually said it.

No, you don't. But you can speculate, and narrow it down by using logic. Who usually talks to the media the most? Who seems to always have something to say even when the media doesn't seek them out?

No, you don't. But you can speculate, and narrow it down by using logic. Who usually talks to the media the most? Who seems to always have something to say even when the media doesn't seek them out?

Well if it involves putting your foot in your mouth that narrows it down to Frank or Mark B. real quick.

I think PK's first-half humbled him

FWIW.... I think Paul was depressed. Getting engaged, buying property, and everyone wanting to be near him.. but him playing like s*** was no walk in the park I'm sure. A really happy time in his life and he was pretty much in pain all the time. And I'm sure a bit embarrassed.

lmao, and with the great maturity example being set down by such a highly placed member of this organIzation, gee no wonder everyone wants new ownership.

I think Ncorg's "in your face" style of Organizational Ownership is just what the White Sox need :lol:

Anybody to light a fire under these stiffs is needed at this point.

I think Ncorg's "in your face" style of Organizational Ownership is just what the White Sox need  :lol:

Anybody to light a fire under these stiffs is needed at this point.

Or it could be part of the reason that so many players trash the organization when they leave, and so many players have the Sox on their "no trade" lists...

Guest hotsoxchick1

hey ian if you wouldnt mind.. could you please put the WHOLE article up or a linky.. thanks i emailed a few people and they dont know what the hell im talkin about article wise........and i can assure you that mb was not one of the ones who said such a thing......... ;)

Who has played for Backman that is on this team? Could the quote have come from someone that is not on the team but played (was playing) for Birmingham or played with him. Could it have been Rafael Santana? Could these thoughts been the reason why Backman was not brought in earlier? baines when he passed through as a roving instuctor? Walker while working at the lower levels? I think the only current guys may be Crede, Harris, Olivo, Rowand, and maybe Wright???? Has Backman been with us that long. I could someone yelling, really scaring Willie Harris.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Who has played for Backman that is on this team?  Could the quote have come from someone that is not on the team but played (was playing) for Birmingham or played with him.  Could it have been Rafael Santana? Could these thoughts been the reason why Backman was not brought in earlier?  baines when he passed through as a roving instuctor?  Walker while working at the lower levels?  I think the only current guys may be Crede, Harris, Olivo, Rowand, and maybe Wright????  Has Backman been with us that long.  I could someone yelling, really scaring Willie Harris.

well wallys been around for what is it 3 or so years now... he started out in winston salem so id say pick a guy whos not been up for that long and he could be your man.....i dont think we have any guys who played on tri city western independent leagues so they didnt meet him there before he came here....... :huh: .. i have a few ideas who said it but i want to get word before i open my mouth........ ;)

Maybe because the country club atmosphere Manuel has made it would be gone?  :huh:

(Daily Southtown)One of those mentioned as a possible replacement for Manuel was Double-A Birmingham manager Wally Backman. A poll of Sox players found few Backman fans.

"There'll be a (bleep) mutiny in here if Wally Backman is brought in," one player said.

Backman didn't do himself any favors in the middle of the season, saying he'd like the Sox job, if the opportunity presented itself.

That didn't sit well with some Sox players and staff members.

"A self-serving guy like that is the last thing you want around," one player said. "The first time he tried getting in someone's face, he'd have (trouble)."

makes ya wonder who said what... most of the guys there have already played for backman in the minors......i think he would be a great manager and the breath of fresh air that this team needs to get motivated....he would definately kick some of their collective overpaid asses thats for sure........ :headbang wally.. bring him up......

Hsc could not disagree more ............lets get someone good ....not s***ty and cheap ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1
Maybe because the country club atmosphere Manuel has made it would be gone?  :huh:

(Daily Southtown)One of those mentioned as a possible replacement for Manuel was Double-A Birmingham manager Wally Backman. A poll of Sox players found few Backman fans.

"There'll be a (bleep) mutiny in here if Wally Backman is brought in," one player said.

Backman didn't do himself any favors in the middle of the season, saying he'd like the Sox job, if the opportunity presented itself.

"A self-serving guy like that is the last thing you want around," one player said. "The first time he tried getting in someone's face, he'd have (trouble)."

makes ya wonder who said what... most of the guys there have already played for backman in the minors......i think he would be a great manager and the breath of fresh air that this team needs to get motivated....he would definately kick some of their collective overpaid asses thats for sure........ :headbang wally.. bring him up......

Hsc could not disagree more ............lets get someone good ....not s***ty and cheap ;)

he may come cheap but hes hardly s***ty............wally is a good manager.... check his record...... ;)

he may come cheap but hes hardly s***ty............wally is a good manager.... check his record...... ;)

HSC, I think this time Sox fans deserve better than Backman or Bell. Thats all

HSC, I think this time Sox fans deserve better than Backman or Bell.  Thats all

why is Bell a factor in this conversation? He was never our manager.

As for Backman, I very much disagree with you.

Cw, the reason I say Bell is because I am reading Bell and Backman are top 2 to replace JM.