5/22 Game Thread - KC @ ChiSox, WGN-TV/MLBN

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2016 -> 03:03 PM)
That has to be 7 deep fly outs/doubles this week

Royals have been extremely lucky this series. We haven't been good offensively much, but when we have, the ball either hits off the wall or they catch it.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2016 -> 09:04 PM)
You keep saying this, but you know the Lawrie HBP was in no way intentional?

Cmon. The Royals despise Lawrie and they also get up for playing the Sox. Perfect time to hit him and set the tone.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 22, 2016 -> 08:06 PM)
Cmon. The Royals despise Lawrie and they also get up for playing the Sox. Perfect time to hit him and set the tone.

It was on a pitch when they were ahead in the count and there was already a runner on base, I believe.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2016 -> 03:06 PM)
It was on a pitch when they were ahead in the count and there was already a runner on base, I believe.

It was a big reason why we even scored in that first game.

Ventura is an absolute moron, and he gets worse when things tighten up. It takes the mind of Ventura to reason that the way to handle a hitting slump is to order automatic outs.

Amazing that KW prioritizes having a trusty mole in the dugout over basic competence.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2016 -> 09:06 PM)

Sometimes you go against baseball's book when you hate a player and need to set the same tone as last year's beatdowns vs. the Sox.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ May 22, 2016 -> 09:08 PM)
Ventura is an absolute moron, and he gets worse when things tighten up. It takes the mind of Ventura to reason that the way to handle a hitting slump is to order automatic outs.

Actually he's betting on a sac bunt and a fly ball as opposed to getting a hit from two very bad hitters (Sanchez and Avila). If there was ever a time to do it in the 6th inning, it was then.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ May 22, 2016 -> 03:08 PM)

Amazing that KW prioritizes having a trusty mole in the dugout over basic competence.

In that case, I'd just let Sanchez try to pull the ball to the right side as opposed to giving up the out. However, with Ventura being a good strikeout pitcher, I can see why he let him bunt.