5/22 Game Thread - KC @ ChiSox, WGN-TV/MLBN

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the fire with this team? They seemed to be having a lot of fun earlier in the year but I haven't seen much of anything lately. Mentally, it seems like they are really feeling it, too.

QUOTE (Scoots @ May 22, 2016 -> 07:54 PM)
Not saying they should rely on them...all I said was it would be nice to see a homerun from someone in the lineup today.

7 of the 9 hitters in the lineup have 2 or less homers on the season. That is beyond pathetic. How Steverson kept his job after last season is still a mystery to me.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2016 -> 12:00 PM)
7 of the 9 hitters in the lineup have 2 or less homers on the season. That is beyond pathetic. How Steverson kept his job after last season is still a mystery to me.

If they keep this up much longer, not many are going to be keeping their jobs. Enough is enough. Come into a few crucial series w/ division rivals & so far, they have been completely outclassed. Not going to get any better w/ Cleveland, either.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 22, 2016 -> 02:00 PM)
The ABs by the team are absolutely lazy.

Players have changed.. getting same lethargic results.

The first thing to try is another manager... if its still the same then Hahn needs to go.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 22, 2016 -> 01:59 PM)
They died after blowing the lead in Texas.

The Rays lost a similar game to the A's last week and they came back to play some of their best ball of the year, the difference being the Rays have a good manager in Cash, not a half dead Ventura. Today's lineup might be the worst since 1970 and to tell you the truth that team could hit the ball with Melton, May and Herrman in the lineup, the pitching was horrible that year.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

I'm not even joking, but if I were Hahn I would fire Robin immediately for DHing AND batting Rollins 2nd against a RHP. I just don't get what the f*** he is thinking. He must not ever look at splits, because it would be painfully obvious how stupid this decision is. Makes me really f***ing mad just thinking about it.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 22, 2016 -> 02:04 PM)
I'm not even joking, but if I were Hahn I would fire Robin immediately for DHing AND batting Rollins 2nd against a RHP. I just don't get what the f*** he is thinking. He must not ever look at splits, because it would be painfully obvious how stupid this decision is. Makes me really f***ing mad just thinking about it.

Amen to that, this lineup is a complete joke.

QUOTE (harkness @ May 22, 2016 -> 02:02 PM)
Players have changed.. getting same lethargic results.

The first thing to try is another manager... if its still the same then Hahn needs to go.

The whole front office including the owner need to go, Hahn right now is the only guy I would give a pass to.

If those Sox got dominated by this mediocre to bad staff,cant wait to see them get no hit against a very good Cleveland staff....

They'll score 5 runs a game against Cleveland, book it. Sox are just scared of KC and have been since blowing the division in 2012.

QUOTE (The Mighty Mite @ May 22, 2016 -> 07:10 PM)
The whole front office including the owner need to go, Hahn right now is the only guy I would give a pass to.

What in the world has he done to get another season after this? So far, his tenure has been abysmal. No results on the field and farm system is garbage.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ May 22, 2016 -> 01:58 PM)
Where's the fire with this team? They seemed to be having a lot of fun earlier in the year but I haven't seen much of anything lately. Mentally, it seems like they are really feeling it, too.

Teams look lethargic when they don't hit. They don't lack fire. They just can't get on base.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 22, 2016 -> 03:04 PM)

I doubt Hahn even has the authority to fire Ventura.