and THAT is a White Sox Winner

BaconOnAStick

What exactly does Jimmy Rollins bring to this team? With Abreu getting the day off, the best DH they could employ was Rollins, even with a RH pitcher.

Wow, if that doesn't speak volumes about the need for another bat, I don't know what does.

If Rollins isn't going to hit, what is the point of having him on the roster? He is not a good SS, at this point in his career. I asked once before but I'll ask again;

How much better is Saladino, defensively? I know he's better, but to what degree?

QUOTE (Lillian @ May 22, 2016 -> 05:03 PM)
What exactly does Jimmy Rollins bring to this team? With Abreu getting the day off, the best DH they could employ was Rollins, even with a RH pitcher.

Wow, if that doesn't speak volumes about the need for another bat, I don't know what does.

If Rollins isn't going to hit, what is the point of having him on the roster? He is not a good SS, at this point in his career. I asked once before but I'll ask again;

How much better is Saladino, defensively? I know he's better, but to what degree?

He should be dfa. Father time is still undefeated.

Good win finally came out on the right side of a close one again.

QUOTE (Lillian @ May 22, 2016 -> 04:03 PM)

Rollins destroys lefties that's what he does.

Much needed win. Positions themselves for not such a letdown of a week, in which they play 8 games in 7 days.

2.5 up on Cleveland

3.5 up on Kansas City

4.5 up on Detroit

Frankly, I'd settle with 4-4 this week, although I do think the Sox matchup better against Cleveland than they do the Royals.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ May 22, 2016 -> 04:03 PM)
3-8 over the last 11 but a run differential of just -2. Been in every game, hopefully it's a sign it's just been a rough patch. Need to win a series again, no better time to do it.

Outside of a completely dead offense the past few days, the team hasn't been playing that bad. An over-achieving bullpen hit a rough patch, Latos came back down to Earth, and we stranded a lot of RISP in close games that turned up costly. The team is better than the record as of late.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 22, 2016 -> 04:08 PM)
Rollins destroys lefties that's what he does.

Which is fine, but should make him our backup IF and not our starting shortstop. I definitely don't want to cut Rollins as he seems to bring a lot to the clubhouse, but it's clearly time to give Saladino an extended look.

QUOTE (Lillian @ May 22, 2016 -> 04:03 PM)

I think they should give the SS job to Saladino until Anderson is ready. Tyler gets 2 hits yesterday and rides the bench today, that's Ventura for you.

Nice to see a win from someone other than Sale for a change. At least they didn't get swept.

Offense is still in the toilet five straight game three runs or less and for the season it's 21 times in 44 games (48%) Not good.

Badly need at least a split tomorrow. It would be nice if Latos can keep them in it since Johnson is very, very iffy.

It's a win at least.

Mark

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 22, 2016 -> 04:13 PM)
Which is fine, but should make him our backup IF and not our starting shortstop. I definitely don't want to cut Rollins as he seems to bring a lot to the clubhouse, but it's clearly time to give Saladino an extended look.

Been saying this for awhile. But some still think Saladino isn't better