and THAT is a White Sox Winner

BaconOnAStick

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 22, 2016 -> 05:45 PM)
WTF did Avi piss in RV's cornflakes or something? Also at this point Rollins should be the backup SS, not TYler.

No kidding. I appreciate Sands contributions in the couple games he's been a part of the win but Avi needs the ABs.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ May 22, 2016 -> 08:26 PM)
Robin loves Sands like Ozzie loved Dewayne Wise

Maybe he does. Because there's no way Sands should have been on the team after his awful performance in the Texas series.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 22, 2016 -> 08:40 PM)
Your positivity is not welcome in winner threads.

Sox fans have forgotten how to win. Imagine if this were a Blackhawks thread in the NHL thread. The optimism after one of those wins was enormous for a team with major issues.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 22, 2016 -> 10:08 PM)
Rollins destroys lefties that's what he does.

Then ONLY bat him vs. lefties. The hell with making him mad. Who cares? We're one of the only teams who would have been willing to play him this much this season.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ May 23, 2016 -> 02:26 AM)
Robin loves Sands like Ozzie loved Dewayne Wise

Not that much. Ozzie loved my guy, D. Wise. Sands looks good up there, but blows.

On the positive side, it's always good to go 1-2 as opposed to the killer, 0-3. We needed that longball to win. Nice job Frazier. I wish we'd hit some home runs with two or more men on base. On the negative side ... if things don't change we're looking at 0-4 in KC this weekend or 1-3 if they don't hit Sale. Cain and Orlando are Sox killers thus far this year. Royals have won 3 series in a row. Considering they are confident and we are not, I could see an 0-4 disaster Thursday thru Sunday. The key is to win the opener for once against those bastards. We're always playing from behind the 8 ball vs. KC. Get some momentum and win Thursday night.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (The Critic @ May 22, 2016 -> 04:36 PM)
Robertson didn't throw one pitch that made it to Avila on the fly after the injury visit.

Hope he's okay.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Looked like four straight breaking balls into the dirt. That didn't seem intentional to me.

If there's something wrong with him, we'll hear about it soon.

Was at the game. Great crowd, lots of energy. It was nice seeing a Frazier homerun in person. Rodon was a little wild early, but he really seemed to settle down. The bullpen did a good job, and of course Robertson was great.

I don't get to many games, but yesterday was a perfect day, and the win made it that much better.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ May 22, 2016 -> 10:28 PM)
Sox fans have forgotten how to win. Imagine if this were a Blackhawks thread in the NHL thread. The optimism after one of those wins was enormous for a team with major issues.

Almost as bad as Dallas fans

That was a big win. Picked up another game back on Cleveland. Didn't get swept. That's one of my goals for this team is to not be swept all season.

I was doom and gloom all night Saturday and yesterday but that win got some of my optimism back because Rodon pitched well again and then pen was air tight. Now we have a huge 4 game series with Cleveland.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 23, 2016 -> 12:34 AM)
The first time he played this week the joke was that he was coming off the DL.

I would think Hahn makes the decision on Sands being on the roster w some input from Robin. In modern day baseball, the manger plays who he is given. With Robin's limited success, I am sure Hahn is calling the shots.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ May 23, 2016 -> 08:26 AM)
That was a big win. Picked up another game back on Cleveland. Didn't get swept. That's one of my goals for this team is to not be swept all season.

I was doom and gloom all night Saturday and yesterday but that win got some of my optimism back because Rodon pitched well again and then pen was air tight. Now we have a huge 4 game series with Cleveland.

Not huge this early in season. We know we won't be swept since Sale is pitching. So even if we lost 3 of 4 , it is only a 2 game difference. Now maybe we sweep and send Cleveland into a tailspin. After watching some of their games against Boston, I think we take 3 of 4. Napoli was awful against Boston so hope he keeps going bad.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 23, 2016 -> 06:09 AM)
Almost as bad as Dallas fans

This message board is basically the same as every other...

Don't know how many times I've seen that sentiment posted on every team message board ... "You guys are almost as bad or as bad as _________________insert whatever fan base is perceived to be exemplar for its obnoxious behavior.

People just handle losing and winning in different ways.

The only thing that really bothers me is the bandwagon type fan... but in the end there are no rules to fandom.