Indians at White Sox (notes/thoughts)

caulfield12

They are f***ing up Carlos the same way they f***ed up Semien IMO. Treating him like a 30 year old utility guy instead of a guy that either should in playing every day in AAA or playing every day in the big leagues at one position not all over the diamond. Carlos isn't any great shakes but he's still only 24 and has one great tool -- defense -- that could allow him to turn into a 2 WAR player with a litttle more development. But instead he's not seeing regular AB and is being asked to play a new position at the MLB level.

It's all hands on deck at the big league club. Have to get out of this constant frame of mind where developing players, instead of winning big league games, is the main goal. If the Sox think Sanchez helps the club win then he stays on the 25. That's the end, NO MORE REBUILDING.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 23, 2016 -> 12:45 PM)
All I'm going to say is I need to see more of Tyler. Dude just looks like a ballplayer. Seems like a smart, headsy player, who brings plus D to the field and has a really underrated bat.

I really though he would start twice today. Once for Rollins then move Frazier to DH and Saladino could start at third. Guess not.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 23, 2016 -> 02:00 PM)
I agree that Saladino has done a lot to impress during this slump and should be seeing more PT. Sox are really trying to find a lineup that works, though, and Saladino has to be a lock to play in game 2.

I dunno it would be very RV to run out a 37 year old Rollins for both.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 23, 2016 -> 02:02 PM)
Has anyone seen a release about a move of bringing up Erik Johnson? Because they brought up Kahnle to serve as the 26th man

Interesting to see Frazier and Cabrera as the 3-4 hitters with Abreu hitting 5th this game.

They'll send someone down after the game and recall Johnson. Matt Purke is my guess. Should be Sanchez though.

As far as Carlos Sanchez goes, Eduardo Escobar might be a pretty good comp.

Coming up, it seemed like he had the glove to be an everyday player but not the bat (Escobar). In reality, it's almost turned out to be the opposite at the big league level. He's a guy you'd love to have off the bench on a playoff team, but not really a legit starter on a consistent basis.

We had all these guys, Semien, Micah, Sanchez and Saladino coming up together and yet none were 100% trusted by the organization to play 2B or SS everyday. They TRIED with Sanchez at 2B then became discouraged with his bat and weren't certain he could play SS well as Saladino. So this year, Robert got more of a look even though they kind of forgot about him the last two months of the year. Let's just say he was, at best, overlooked/underrated (500ish OPS numbers, even in the middle infield, tend to have that effect).