Yeti Coolers

Texsox

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 10:04 AM)
Yeti coolers are completely overrated and overpriced. Who the heck wants to lug around a thousand pound cooler with no wheels? They seriously do not keep ice longer than some middle of the road coolers.

the bear comes out of hibernation!

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 02:08 PM)
Got an Extreme 5 and it keeps ice in it for 4-5 days just sitting on my back porch. And less than $100.

That's what we bought. I'm taking our old one and building a cedar and corrugated metal stand for it. It should work great as a backyard party chest.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 01:32 PM)
Exactly. Unless you NEED something Grizzly proof its a waste of money.

I could use kid-proof, or something that automatically closes the lid all the way to KEEP that cold inside, since the kids always leave it partially open...

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 02:09 PM)
I think I have that same one. You can get replacement hinges, not sure about wheels.

Ah, just gifted the beat up one to the older son. He is the one that broke the wheel and hinges, he can deal with it now. :)

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 22, 2016 -> 11:50 AM)
Woot.com has Orca coolers on sale today only. Look like Yetis, cost more than normal as well.

http://www.woot.com/offers/orca-extra-heav...w_cnt_gw_dly_tl

Orca's have done very well in head to head tests, so do pelicans. Yeti's apparently arent all they are cracked up to be

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jul 9, 2016 -> 04:54 PM)
IMG_0381_zpshkelze7j.jpg

My wife just won this Oscar Blues Yeti Hopper 30 in a raffle at the liquor store. This thing sells for $400.

We are also fans of Oscar Blues, and have been to both of their breweries in Colorado and North Carolina.

Wow, sweet deal. Love Oskar Blues