5/25 GT 1:10p- CLE vs Sox Series Finale- Kluber (4.10) vs Q (1.98)

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 25, 2016 -> 04:15 PM)
LOL. For weeks the toast of baseball. A 3-7 homestand follows that pathetic road trip. This team is severely flawed. Fire or demote somebody, please!

Oh wait, team is still in first place. No need to panic.

Started 23-10. 4-11 since. At least Abreu is back.

Dont even know what to say anymore. I mean COME ON baseball gods, can we White Sox fans have just a bit of happiness? It's been so freaking long since this team was respectable, and right when things finally seem to be looking up they rip our hearts out. Need to take a week off from the Sox and cool off.

Hopefully a week from now we're all talking about a 5 game winning streak. Things can change fast in baseball.

Edited by Green Line

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2016 -> 09:00 PM)
You mean if god forbid a Sox player makes a tough play defensively with 2 outs? So many of the 2 out runs allowed of late could have been prevented if the defense came up big:

- Jackson should have caught Desmond's 2 out triple

- Jackson was close to Napoli's 2 out triple

- Eaton was close to Chisenhall's 2 out triple

Sometimes you just don't get the play and sometimes you do. I don't see it as lack of effort. When youvarevstruggling those "almost" plays are magnified. It certainly is an unforgiving game much like some fans

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 25, 2016 -> 04:15 PM)
48 games in and we are canceling the season again. SELL IT ALL!!! FIRE EVERYONE!!

An example of one person venting by staring an argument with other people's venting.

This team looks the exactly same as the teams the past 4 years... I mean its a striking resemblance.

I suppose you remember how those 4 years went.

QUOTE (Green Line @ May 25, 2016 -> 10:16 PM)
Dont even know what to say anymore. I mean COME ON baseball gods, can we White Sox fans have just a bit of happiness? It's been so freaking long since this team was respectable, and right when things finally seem to be looking up they rip our hearts out. Need to take a week off from the Sox and cool off.

Can't beg to the baseball gods when Chicago has had as much success as it has had. WS title 11 years ago; Bulls dynasty; BlackHawks dynasty.

Cleveland is the city to pity; no title since the 60s in anything and hearts to be broken badly vs. OKC again.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 25, 2016 -> 04:18 PM)
Can't beg to the baseball gods when Chicago has had as much success as it has had. WS title 11 years ago; Bulls dynasty; BlackHawks dynasty.

Cleveland is the city to pity; no title since the 60s in anything and hearts to be broken badly vs. OKC again.

I don't care about the bulls or the hawks. I'm a sox fan.

Not much you can say.

5th starter hasn't won a game yet and we are almost at Memorial Day and the hitting has disappeared plus even more alarming to me, they have started to make more errors and made base running blunders again.

This club will probably be out of first place by the end of the week.

Now in a real free fall 4-11 since they blew that game in Texas. 3-7 on a very important home stand. Two out runs being allowed now are staggering.

It's all gone south and given the recent history and inability to consistently beat teams in the division (which continues save for Minnesota) the future doesn't look great.

We'll see. Win 82 game at least and you can say progress is being made with a straight face.

Mark

Edited by Lip Man 1

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ May 25, 2016 -> 10:19 PM)
Not much you can say.

5th starter hasn't won a game yet and we are almost at Memorial Day and the hitting has disappeared plus even more alarming to me, they have started to make more errors and made base running blunders again.

This club will probably be out of first place by the end of the week.

Now in a real free fall 4-11 since they blew that game in Texas. 3-7 on a very important home stand.

It's all gone south and given the recent history and inability to consistently beat teams in the division (which continues save for Minnesota) the future doesn't look great.

We'll see. Win 82 game at least and you can say progress is being made with a straight face.

Mark

You won't catch me within 50 miles of Kauffman Stadium this weekend. Hate to go or not go based on how I feel the team is going to do ... but I can't take going with my Royals friends who offered me a freebie for Thursday night in the club level seats. They will be in gloating mode and their fans are ready to erupt and start re-living their WS year volume of cheers. Pop up storms supposed to continue all four days, probably too intermittent to rain out any of the 4 games. I'll give Sox benefit of doubt and say we go 1-3, though don't be surprised at the 0-4 sombrero.

Could I make a humble request of Robin? Coop? Have Rodon hit Escobar or Hosmer their first at bat in retaliation for the Lawrie hitting and show we've come to compete? Just hit them on the meaty part of the shoulder so nobody gets hurt.

Edited by greg775

82 wins after this start and the only ones they can sell progress to will be Merkin's and Boyer's children...

White Sox have had close to perfect health. Again.

The Indians have been without Brantley and Carrasco. Royals w/o Gordon, Moustakas, Medlen and Young. Tigers without Maybin and Daniel Norris.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 25, 2016 -> 10:26 PM)
82 wins after this start and the only ones they can sell progress to will be Merkin's and Boyer's children...

The Indians have been without Brantley and Carrasco. Royals w/o Gordon, Moustakas, Medlen and Young. Tigers without Maybin and Daniel Norris.

We deserve what we get. Any team that thinks Rollins is a productive shortstop and Avila/Navarro are the answer at catcher deserve the .500 record they are going to get.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 25, 2016 -> 03:26 PM)

I get you and you are correct but that's exactly what they'll be doing because they have no other choice.

They only good thing will be Ventura will be gone but he'll probably be replaced by another stooge / inexperienced person.

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ May 25, 2016 -> 10:27 PM)
Sox have played 48 games this season; have scored three runs or less in 24 of them (50%)

Same s*** as last year and the year before...nothing has really changed.

Mark

Our hitting coach must be fired ... now.

It's going to be an interesting trip. When the schedule came out, I looked at this as the trip that could be the end of Robin as manager. That won't happen, but all of the good feeling the 23-10 start had would be out the window if they go 4-6 or worse.

QUOTE (harkness @ May 25, 2016 -> 04:17 PM)
An example of one person venting by staring an argument with other people's venting.

This team looks the exactly same as the teams the past 4 years... I mean its a striking resemblance.

I suppose you remember how those 4 years went.

I don't make proclamations about teams until 60 games in. 12 more to go.

And even the putrid Twins have to get hot sometime, right?

Too bad Sale/Eaton/Quintana/Abreu/Robertson can't pull a Joakim Noah...put a liitle more pressure on management/coaching staff.

We've been saying for years the White Sox can't get buried in April or fans will give up. Better hope Tim Anderson is ready because they have to find a way to inject some spark back into this team. Too early for trades.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 25, 2016 -> 03:26 PM)

We had 2 relievers in the DL which created the Scott Carroll debacle though

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 25, 2016 -> 09:29 PM)
"We had our big guys going. It didn't go well for us" -Robin

I can't stand this guy and stupid glasses. He isn't a manager, please get a real one ASAP

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ May 25, 2016 -> 09:48 PM)
We had 2 relievers in the DL which created the Scott Carroll debacle though

Maybe some year this team won't have one game you just KNOW has ended the season. It must be against baseball's clubhouse rulebook for a player to show emotion anymore. Cause we never have any leadership when we go through these funks. Konerko never did anything; just as the LaRoche haters aren't doing anything.