How about a Miller Lite, pint half full view

he gone.

This board can really take you into the gutter sometime. Let's take a step back only post positive things in this thread. Get that good ju ju going.

Okay I'll start:

Since the beginning of the 2016 year the Sox have posted the following records for each week.

4-2

4-1

4-3

5-2

4-2

3-3

1-5

2-3** current week with 3 to go

See!! Positive news. We've had ONE losing week thus far. It may seem like the sky is falling currently, but take 2 of 3 and we're .500 for the week.

Do we need another one??

Bucking the trend of past FA's or big trades (not naming names - this is a positive thread!) Todd Frazier has been mashing, tied for leading the American League in HR at 14.

The starting pitching seems to have settled in a bit

Eaton, Melkey and Frazier are legitimate threats

You knew the pen based on law of averages would come back to norm and it seems as it has

Abreu is workign out of it

Catching defense is much better as is over all defense

American League and Central in particular is not as strong as it was thought to be

There is hope.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ May 26, 2016 -> 07:15 AM)
This board can really take you into the gutter sometime. Let's take a step back only post positive things in this thread. Get that good ju ju going.

Okay I'll start:

Since the beginning of the 2016 year the Sox have posted the following records for each week.

4-2

4-1

4-3

5-2

4-2

3-3

1-5

2-3** current week with 3 to go

See!! Positive news. We've had ONE losing week thus far. It may seem like the sky is falling currently, but take 2 of 3 and we're .500 for the week.

Plus it is baseball, there are going to be losing streaks and struggles. If you went back to the beginning of the season and said we'd be where we were, I think everyone on this board would have said, I'd take it. We are going to need some extra ammo though and I have faith in Hahn making it happen.

I'm not sure anyone on this board expected the type of start the Sox had. A lot of things had to go right in order for it to happen. Starting pitching, the bullpen, timely hitting, and great defense. It's not rare for teams, even bad teams, to have a short streak of all of that stuff going right. But the Sox had a month of that. We all knew, or at least had to know, that the team would go through some bad spells, and that they wouldn't sustain the same type of production. Now that they are in a slump with the starting pitching faltering, the bullpen showing cracks, and a less than stellar offense, the weaknesses that have existed this whole time are so much more evident.

This is a good team. Not a great team. They need a few key pieces to get closer to greatness. One more solid starter and a left-handed power bat for sure. I like the catching make-up less and less each day, especially with the over use of Avila. And it's probably time to end the Jimmy Rollins experiment.

I believe that at least one of those weaknesses will be addressed. Hopefully it will be enough to nudge this team closer to greatness. I'm not sure that .500 ball from this point on wins the division...actually, I would say that it does not. One added piece could push them to the top, but it's going to take a lot more good baseball (like April) and less of the crap we've seen lately. Because it's not just the lack of runs and spotty pitching. It's corpse ball. Winning is contagious. Playing well is contagious. But playing bad baseball is even more contagious, and it can wipe out a team.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 26, 2016 -> 10:34 AM)
The starting pitching seems to have settled in a bit

Eaton, Melkey and Frazier are legitimate threats

You knew the pen based on law of averages would come back to norm and it seems as it has

Abreu is workign out of it

Catching defense is much better as is over all defense

American League and Central in particular is not as strong as it was thought to be

There is hope.

Eaton was horrible on the homestand

I'm not sure the last two posts understand that this is a positivity thread. Especially the "Eaton was bad for 3 games post"

shakes head ....... stay on track! The other 134 threads are for being negative!

Alright, I'll get this ship back on course again..

Chris Sale is probably the front runner for AL Cy Young. We, the White Sox have one of the best pitchers in the game and are paying him peanuts!!

Fun stuff.

Another one.

The Sox have two kids in the minors that led their respective leagues in hits. Don't think that happens often.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ May 26, 2016 -> 11:57 AM)
I'm not sure the last two posts understand that this is a positivity thread. Especially the "Eaton was bad for 3 games post"

shakes head ....... stay on track! The other 134 threads are for being negative!

Alright, I'll get this ship back on course again..

Chris Sale is probably the front runner for AL Cy Young. We, the White Sox have one of the best pitchers in the game and are paying him peanuts!!

Fun stuff.

Another one.

The Sox have two kids in the minors that led their respective leagues in hits. Don't think that happens often.

I got ya, I got ya.

Here we go:

- Chris Sale is amazing, and he's locked up for a couple more years

- Todd Frazier has been worth everything the Sox gave up for him and then some

- Eaton has been fantastic in right field

- Lawrie's energy has been a breath of fresh air

- Jersey #21 is no longer worn by Tyler Flowers

- Jersey #15 is no longer worn by Gordon Beckham

It's amazing, I am annoyed lately too BUT if the way this season has been played was played in reverse, the tune would be totally different here.

Sox start the year horribly but then catch fire to take over the Indians a .5 game at the end of May.

#SoxFanLyfe

Let's just see how it's going come the ASB, ay?

1) The White Sox do have a permanent solution for SS, perhaps the most difficult position to replace externally.

2) Abreu hasn't gotten going, one woud think that has to change at some point (soon) with the warmer weather

3) Bullpen hasn't had a chance to develop defined roles, Petricka's been out, etc.

4) Lawrie and Garcia are due for a hot streak again

5) There's a lefty pitching, so maybe Rollins can hit another homer

6) White Sox have financial flexibility this season to make a move

7) White Sox are still in the heart of the race...whereas fans had mostly given up by this time last year

8) Attendance is picking up w/ the nicer weather, particularly the Sunday game this past weekend.

9) Delmonico, Coats and Hayes are all hitting well in AA/AAA.

10) I could easily name 5-10 flaws for every other contender in the AL Central. Nobody will run away with it, barring something strange or unforeseen happening.

11) We're getting the toughest part of the schedule out of the way in the first half of the season.

12) White Sox still "control their own destiny"

13) Excitement about upcoming draft, will be much more fun to follow than last year's

14) Danks is gone

15) Rodon should start finding his groove about right now

16) Matt Latos and Albers fueled our early start with surprising performances, Gonzalez has, at the very least, kept us in games

17) Frazier GS in Texas was great moment

18) Robertson continues to be one of the Top 5-7 closers in baseball

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 26, 2016 -> 04:54 PM)
1) The White Sox do have a permanent solution for SS, perhaps the most difficult position to replace externally.

2) Abreu hasn't gotten going, one woud think that has to change at some point (soon) with the warmer weather

3) Bullpen hasn't had a chance to develop defined roles, Petricka's been out, etc.

4) Lawrie and Garcia are due for a hot streak again

5) There's a lefty pitching, so maybe Rollins can hit another homer

6) White Sox have financial flexibility this season to make a move

7) White Sox are still in the heart of the race...whereas fans had mostly given up by this time last year

8) Attendance is picking up w/ the nicer weather, particularly the Sunday game this past weekend.

9) Delmonico, Coats and Hayes are all hitting well in AA/AAA.

10) I could easily name 5-10 flaws for every other contender in the AL Central. Nobody will run away with it, barring something strange or unforeseen happening.

11) We're getting the toughest part of the schedule out of the way in the first half of the season.

12) White Sox still "control their own destiny"

13) Excitement about upcoming draft, will be much more fun to follow than last year's

14) Danks is gone

15) Rodon should start finding his groove about right now

16) Matt Latos and Albers fueled our early start with surprising performances, Gonzalez has, at the very least, kept us in games

17) Frazier GS in Texas was great moment

18) Robertson continues to be one of the Top 5-7 closers in baseball

I like the list! I think I Like #10 the most. Every team has flaws. Moustakas being out for the year is gonna be tough for the Royals. Tigers don't have a great team.

Indians are the only one I'm really really afraid of in our division.