Game thread: 5/27 Let's do it Again!

he gone.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 27, 2016 -> 09:49 PM)
So everyone could cry for Robin to be fired when he burned up the pen? I can see it is irrational theater tonight in the game thread. You guys have fun wasting another night.

Your entire defense of Robin is that he shouldn't use Jones for 4 outs which he is doing anyways except now we are losing.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 27, 2016 -> 09:48 PM)
Then why even warm up Jones at all in the 7th? Facing one extra batter isn't going to ruin him for the weekend.

Because the three guys who pitched in front of him sucked. Again, someone besides Jones and Robertson should be able to get someone out in the 7th. If they can't, it doesn't really matter.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 28, 2016 -> 02:51 AM)
Because the three guys who pitched in front of him sucked. Again, someone besides Jones and Robertson should be able to get someone out in the 7th. If they can't, it doesn't really matter.

They pitched to KC's best player by far. Even Hawk seems pissed about it. Jones is better than Duke, and Hosmer is better than Perez. I don't see how this is even a difficult decision.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 27, 2016 -> 07:49 PM)
So everyone could cry for Robin to be fired when he burned up the pen? I can see it is irrational theater tonight in the game thread. You guys have fun wasting another night.

What's irrational about it? Ventura's been blowing games for years. He's a terrible manager. I'd kill to have Ozzie back.

Jose Abreu is trash. He's been completely figured out. He won't hit above .260 again, with no special power abilities. Maybe the Castro brothers will soften up enough to let him come home.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 27, 2016 -> 09:51 PM)
Your entire defense of Robin is that he shouldn't use Jones for 4 outs which he is doing anyways except now we are losing.

The idea that someone else should be able to get outs in the 7th isn't a defense, as much as it is common sense.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 28, 2016 -> 02:52 AM)
And if they put Purke or Kahnle into the game and they get torched, everyone will be furious, too.

That said, this Royals' line-up only has three legit hitters.

I'm pretty sure no one on here had confidence in Albers

And if they put Purke or Kahnle into the game and they get torched, everyone will be furious, too.

That said, this Royals' line-up only has three legit hitters.

The second you saw Albers coming into this game you knew what was coming. At least with Purke or Kahnle there is some doubt that the lead will be blown, with Albers there is none. Albers is the definition of a gas can.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 27, 2016 -> 08:47 PM)
Burning up the two reliable guys in the first game of a series is not a smart idea. Of course if anyone else in the pen were actually doing their jobs, this wouldn't be an issue.

For all you know we could get blown out in the final 2 games.

I think the most incredible element of this whole stretch (possibly 4-12) is that we still will be in 1st place by 1/2 and 1 game.

But this team is seriously doubting itself at the moment...especially the bullpen. Self-induced losses over and over again.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 28, 2016 -> 02:53 AM)
The idea that someone else should be able to get outs in the 7th isn't a defense, as much as it is common sense.

We didn't say Jones should pitch the entire 7th and 8th. 4 outs is completely reasonable.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 27, 2016 -> 08:53 PM)
I'm pretty sure no one on here had confidence in Albers

No argument here.

But I KNEW Hosmer was going to get a hit off Duke there. As much as you can know anything in baseball.

DJ wants Jones to deck Orlando...but we get another base hit from him instead.

And more Royals' scrubs are punching out hits, 13 now on the game. Short and quick to the fastball. No sliders. Easy to hit if that's what you're looking for.

Eibner up.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Blackout Friday @ May 28, 2016 -> 03:51 AM)
You use your best reliever when the situation dictates it.

Let the lesser guys go in with the bases empty, nevermind the inning.

You are wrong. The setup if pitchers was correct but they couldn't deliver