Game thread: 5/27 Let's do it Again!

he gone.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 27, 2016 -> 10:16 PM)
4-12...

From 6 outs away from 14 games over to up by 1/2, 1 and 2 1/2 games.

Was a 6/7/8 game lead over CLE/KC/DET.

The worst part is KC has lost Moustakas, Gordon, two starting pitchers, Jarrod Dyson missed the first month, they've had a ton of injuries and managed to stay in this thing despite Omar Infante being the second worst contract in the game to Ryan Howard.

Hawk said they were 4-16 in the last 16

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 28, 2016 -> 04:13 AM)
This will be the 4th loss on Albers, I think all of them since the Orioles' series.

Is baseball the only sport you can go from a potential all-star to a total bum in the span of a couple weeks? Right now he needs to be released or go on the DL a month after being dominant for a month. That one year Humber pitched a no hitter I believe and ended up getting released that season.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 27, 2016 -> 09:18 PM)
Is baseball the only sport you can go from a potential all-star to a total bum in the span of a couple weeks? Right now he needs to be released or go on the DL a month after being dominant for a month. That one year Humber pitched a no hitter I believe and ended up getting released that season.

It was a perfect game

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 28, 2016 -> 03:20 AM)
That April looks like fool's gold. Honestly it is hard to judge a team after the first month since guys are still finding their groove and getting in the swing of things (no pun intended).

Which is why spending a ton of money on Shields would be so stupid right now. Oh well, the farm system is so awful it doesn't matter who they give up outside of Anderson.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 27, 2016 -> 09:20 PM)
That April looks like fool's gold. Honestly it is hard to judge a team after the first month since guys are still finding their groove and getting in the swing of things (no pun intended).

They found their groove. You are seeing it. No clutch in any aspect of the game unless you add choking to that list. Scouting and developing seems to adore mental weakness.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ May 28, 2016 -> 03:20 AM)
Just the idea that Jones did end up pitching in the 7th, but only after the lead was gone.

I'm mesmerized by the stupidity involved in that thinking.

And you don't worry about walking Perez and his 5 percent walk rate with the bases loaded.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ May 27, 2016 -> 10:22 PM)
They found their groove. You are seeing it. No clutch in any aspect of the game unless you add choking to that list. Scouting and developing seems to adore mental weakness.

I'm not saying we found ours. I'm saying other teams have. We were playing better than we actually are the first month. The "this team is still in first" comments are becoming irrelevant.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ May 27, 2016 -> 09:20 PM)
Just the idea that Jones did end up pitching in the 7th, but only after the lead was gone.

He's a mental midget as well. Too often when the lead is blown someone in the mental midget dept. will pad the loss.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ May 27, 2016 -> 09:20 PM)

There was an open base, and an inferior hitter on deck that would match up with your best non-closer.

It should have been academic. Especially if you're just going to burn Jones out anyways.

Robin is a smart man, so I don't know what he's thinking sometimes.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ May 28, 2016 -> 04:25 AM)
He's a mental midget as well. Too often when the lead is blown someone in the mental midget dept. will pad the loss.

I'm not saying he isn't, but besides Robertson, he's the highest leverage reliever this team has.

Why on earth would you bring in a gas can to face their hottest hitter, when you can just as easily walk him and bring in your better reliever?

It's almost as if he has some sort of managing manual he printed out from Wikipedia...

"Lefty against lefty, I MUST make this move!

If this season ends up looking worse where we're likely not contending, I wouldn't mind some young guys coming up to get some at bats and experience the rest of the way (Coats in a corner spot-Melky DH, Davidson up to get at bats between DH,1B,3B, more Saladino at short (not quite ready to call up Anderson personally), call up Kevan Smith while releasing Avila because: why not?).

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 27, 2016 -> 09:30 PM)
If this season ends up looking worse where we're likely not contending, I wouldn't mind some young guys coming up to get some at bats and experience the rest of the way (Coats in a corner spot-Melky DH, Davidson up to get at bats between DH,1B,3B, more Saladino at short (not quite ready to call up Anderson personally), call up Kevan Smith while releasing Avila because: why not?).

That's equally depressing. Few have faith in the farm system.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ May 28, 2016 -> 04:29 AM)
I'm not saying he isn't, but besides Robertson, he's the highest leverage reliever this team has.

Why on earth would you bring in a gas can to face their hottest hitter, when you can just as easily walk him and bring in your better reliever?

It's almost as if he has some sort of managing manual he printed out from Wikipedia...

"Lefty against lefty, I MUST make this move!

Still annoyed Rollins was like 5 feet from 2nd when Escobar was up. How many times so far vs the Sox has he already hit the ball in the 5-6 hole? I get being at DP depth but he was way too far up the middle.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 27, 2016 -> 09:30 PM)

Might as well try Coats anyways. Can't be worse than Sands. He's not a future regular either, so it isn't as though he needs to be getting regular at bats.

Wow...simply Wow.

Once again Robin insists on bringing in Duke to face a left hander and once again he can't get the guy out.

Three more RBI's tonight with two out.

As Tom Petty once sang, "Yea I'm free...free fallin'"

It's going to be another long ugly summer fans.

Mark