Jurickson Profar

Panerista

The Rangers are in a bit of a predicament. They have Elvis Andrus with a big contract and Jurickson Profar has torn it up since coming up from AAA Round Rock during the Odor suspension. Andrus likely isn't going anywhere (Rangers have one of the best defenses in the game) and Odor seems overvalued at the moment, but what would it take for Hahn to put together a package for Jurickson Profar?

Admittedly, I can never predict what trades will happen, so I'm appealing to the baseball minds on this one.

Edited by Deadpool

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 08:41 AM)
Theyd probably want pitching since that seems to be where they have weakness

That's a good point. In fact, Profar wouldn't be a centerpiece of a trade at this point. I would expect TEX goes after a big name pitcher and sends back Profar and something else. Not sure we have what they want because they're in "win now" mode.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 08:43 AM)
That's a good point. In fact, Profar wouldn't be a centerpiece of a trade at this point. I would expect TEX goes after a big name pitcher and sends back Profar and something else. Not sure we have what they want because they're in "win now" mode.

They have an absolute wealth of talent. Unfortunately, I dont see the 2 teams matching up that well together.

The Rangers could be showcasing him for a trade.

But, if he can prove he has the ability to play SS after his surgery last year, then they'd be foolish not to trade Andrus for peanuts. However, if he's relegated to only playing 2B, then that limits his marketability. With Odor already seemingly entrenched there, he doesn't have many other places to play. Perhaps 1B/DH with Moreland struggling so mightily right now, as well as Fielder. But they pretty much are stuck playing Fielder at this point due to his contract.

Otherwise, they have to play him in CF (where DeShields began the year).

All things considered, though...the more players like Desmond/Zobrist that you have capable of playing multiple positions on the diamond (LF/CF/SS/2B/1B/DH), the better off your manager will be.

But the White Sox don't have the pieces to get him...at least what they're asking for. They MIGHT trade you Profar and Gallo for Rodon, but we can't make this trade without sacrificing an important part of our future rotation. Then you would absolutely have to make a corresponding move to fix the rotation.

But imagine this line-up offensively:

Eaton RF

Profar CF/2B

Abreu DH

Frazier 3B

Cabrera LF

Lawrie 2B/1B

Gallo 1B

Catcher

Anderson SS

If Abreu ever figured things out, POTENT.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 09:03 AM)
Profar is reportedly becoming capable of playing LF/CF, but for now is primarily an infielder (more value to the Rangers, more trade value in general).

Well, he was called up really young and couldn't it. 3 years and 20 at bats later, he's doing well. I don't know what to make of that.

the other factor is that he's a free agent in 3.5 years. It's not like he's a young guy you can develop and control for 6.

Most of all, I don't see the point. Sox are fine in the middle infield; yea he can play OF, but will his bat fit there?

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 10:10 AM)
Well, he was called up really young and couldn't it. 3 years and 20 at bats later, he's doing well. I don't know what to make of that.

the other factor is that he's a free agent in 3.5 years. It's not like he's a young guy you can develop and control for 6.

Most of all, I don't see the point. Sox are fine in the middle infield; yea he can play OF, but will his bat fit there?

I agree with this, if anything trade for Gallo, we need a power left handed bat and he has no where to play in texas.

Well, the problem is what kind of contract's Frazier going to get as a FA? Lawrie?

It's better to have Year 1-3 players, but year 4-6 is still much better than FA because 1) they're in their primes, physically and 2) there's at least a possibility at that stage of giving them a "lifetime family security guaranteed" contract like the Sox have done with Eaton/Quintana/Sale and many young stars around the game have signed in the last 5 seasons.

I don't like trading Rodon primarily because we aren't sure yet what we have in Fulmer.

Does a line-up with Profar/Gallo and RANDOM PITCHER like Ervin Santana along with Latos/Gonzalez/Ranaudo give the White Sox a better team overall?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 08:58 AM)
Where is sox weakness at SS or 2b?

Center field.

The bat is what excites about Profar. 23 year old potential centerfielder and a potential upgrade over Rollins/Saladino. I'm just throwing it out there for discussion.

Edited by Deadpool

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 09:39 AM)
Center field.

The bat is what excites about Profar. 23 year old potential centerfielder and a potential upgrade over Rollins/Saladino. I'm just throwing it out there for discussion.

Let's see what Saladino does. He could change a lot of the Sox thinking re what to do with the young players.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 08:39 AM)
Center field.

That's a pretty big territory.